Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 10:03 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,676 Likes on 2,116 Posts

Originally Posted by hell hound
ok low rider people
I just got back from sturgis on my 2014 lowrider. When i left San Antonio i had alittle over 700 miles and went ahead and did the 1000 service then. I just got back and the bike has 4200 now. So the trip was about 3500 miles. We took the long way for sure and spent 3 extra days cruisin around colorado. I have made this ride a total of 5 times and i can tell you the the low ryder was the most comfortable and fun trip to date.

right before i left i put on a SE nightstick , fuel moto air cleaner and used a fuel moto tuned power vision for the tune. The bike ran great with no troubles or problems. When you are out it the middle of wyoming it is pretty common to run 90-95 mph for 20 or 30 miles at a time and the bike felt good doing it. the sound is great. I have had load bikes my whole life and it was nice to be on a bike that still sounded good but wasnt too load

i could not be happier with the bike
I have owned japaneese 4 cyl bikes, 2 BMW, and the low rider is the most fun to ride of all.Just took a short ride on my R1100RT today, although it does ride smoother than the HD, the bmw also feels and steers heavier than the low rider. I also am very happy with the new low rider.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:58 PM
INTHERED
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hell hound
right before i left i put on a SE nightstick , fuel moto air cleaner and used a fuel moto tuned power vision for the tune. The bike ran great with no troubles or problems. When you are out it the middle of wyoming it is pretty common to run 90-95 mph for 20 or 30 miles at a time and the bike felt good doing it. the sound is great. I have had loud bikes my whole life and it was nice to be on a bike that still sounded good but wasnt too loud
i could not be happier with the bike

I have the same mods that you do the big sucker and the SE Nightstick except I run my nightstick with no plates or endcap.

The Power Vision tuner does it allow the stock ECU to go into closed loop mode ? Does it require the disconnection or replacement of the stock O2 sensors ? Does your bike pop when decelerating with the tuner ?

Thanks >>>> Inthered

Old 08-16-2014, 06:55 AM
pab3rd
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 220 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by MRFREEZE57
I have owned japaneese 4 cyl bikes, 2 BMW, and the low rider is the most fun to ride of all.Just took a short ride on my R1100RT today, although it does ride smoother than the HD, the bmw also feels and steers heavier than the low rider. I also am very happy with the new low rider.
Ditto. I have a K1200GT and agree with you

Old 08-16-2014, 05:10 PM
pab3rd
Club Member

Newest add. Heal toe shifter. Still need to powder coat black.

Old 08-16-2014, 05:12 PM
pab3rd
Club Member

Also of note. You can peg a Lowrider. But much left after the 120 mark

Old 08-17-2014, 10:04 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by INTHERED
I have the same mods that you do the big sucker and the SE Nightstick except I run my nightstick with no plates or endcap.

The Power Vision tuner does it allow the stock ECU to go into closed loop mode ? Does it require the disconnection or replacement of the stock O2 sensors ? Does your bike pop when decelerating with the tuner ?

Thanks >>>> Inthered
i am not an expert on this at all, so i am just going from what i think i know about this tuner.
the power vision is a flash tuner. It reprograms the ecm or canbus. After you "send" the tune to the bikes computer it is disconnected and leaves nothing behind. Stock o2 sensors stay in place. You can use canned maps from dyno jet or i used a map from fuel moto for my bike. The power vision can also be used as a auto tune sytem. Not a continuos self adjusting auto tune but instead you connect it to the bikes computer then go for test rides and the power vision saves the info . When you get back after the ride you send the recommended adjusts to the bikes computer and they reprogram the stock computer. You can do this a few times back to back and apparently end up with a pretty good tune.

So i am running the stock head pipe with SE nightstick. The cat converter is still in place. If i ever decide to remove the cat converter i can use the auto tune feature to accomidatet the change in the pipe. The powervision also saves you bikes stock set up and prrevious tunes so you can always go back to a previous tune if something doesn't work or say you are experimenting with different end caps and disks.

Unfortunatly the power vision mates itself to the one bike so you can not use it on more than one bike, which i understand because if you could use it on multible bikes i could tune all my friends bikes and they would only sell one.

My last bike had pc3, which piggy backs on the stock computer and is constantly munipulating data as it goes thru the computer. With the pc3 the o2 sensors were removed and it was truly a closed loop system. I had it tuned by a real tuner and it ran perfect. I could run it up to red line and let off the throttle and it would just settle down nice and smooth. I was very happy with this set up too. But all things considering i like the simplicity of the power vision flash tuner better.

currently, with the fuel moto map they sent , my bike does not pop on decel and seems to run good all around

Old 08-17-2014, 10:09 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

I have never owed any German bikes but i have had light wieght yamaha cruiser and a few differnt harleys and the lowrider is a great balance between agility and stabilty. It really is a good riding bike.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:42 PM
INTHERED
Cruiser
Default 2014 Low Rider questions

Will the Harley SE Super Race Tuner part number 32109-08C work on my 2014 Low Rider ?
I can't find an aftermarket cover for my rear master cylinder reservoir will one from a Japanese bike fit it ?

Thanks >>>> Inthered

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:50 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,676 Likes on 2,116 Posts

Originally Posted by INTHERED
Will the Harley SE Super Race Tuner part number 32109-08C work on my 2014 Low Rider ?
I can't find an aftermarket cover for my rear master cylinder reservoir will one from a Japanese bike fit it ?

Thanks >>>> Inthered
I noticed that you have progressive shocks installed on your low rider. are they the standard 12"? would like to improve the ride a bit, wondering if going to 12.5" shocks would be better or if would be a negative for the bike?

Old 08-21-2014, 10:53 AM
INTHERED
Cruiser
Default Progresive Shocks

I noticed that you have progressive shocks installed on your low rider. are they the standard 12"? would like to improve the ride a bit, wondering if going to 12.5" shocks would be better or if would be a negative for the bike?
When I picked up my new Low Rider from my dealer on the way home the very first exit ramp I took I scraped the exhaust.
I installed a set of 12.5" Progressive shocks and I have not scraped anything since.
The bike now handles perfect. I went riding with some sport bike guys and I was able to keep up with them in the curves with no problem.
You will not regret putting these shocks on your bike.

Inthered

Last edited by INTHERED; 08-21-2014 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Yes

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider