Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 07:52 PM
USAFANGWINGNUT67
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
folks complain about seats all the time. even try to force it on others.

when i had just gotten my dyna here in FL, the very first ride was 1000 miles in 1-1/2 days ho to Baltimore with the stock seat.... without ever have taken a serious/non-test drive.

a day later in Baltimore, a random guy at my hometown dealership wonders over to me to talk because i was the only nutter riding around on a bike in the rain in October. he saw the temp FL tags and asked if i just bought it. i said yes. first thing out of his mouth was get rid of the seat and get a sundowner..."?" bizarre... here i am having just rode a grand and had not a single issue (would later ride another 1000) and this guy is telling me i need a better seat.

seat is fkn fine. i actually love it. it's just right. getting some big ugly 1980's butt bean bag (sun downer or other two up) or some *** splitting bare-bones seat is not ok for me. after riding my sporty chainsaw around for years, the dyna solo seat feels like a water bed.

i also refuse to carry passengers... if a woman wants a ride, she better get her own bike or ride with someone else. no compromises there for me.
This is pretty much my experience with the seats on my '15 FXDL vs '12 1200C. Sportster felt like a bar stool and FXDL is like a sofa chair.

Old 03-30-2016, 10:56 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Got an interesting question from USAFANGWINGNUT67 on an issue I do not ever recall reading about:

Originally Posted by USAFANGWINGNUT67
Hi Ikelove, I have a '15 FXDL and been chomping at the bit to bring it to a Stage 1. But it's going to have to be done in baby steps because of budget constraints. Bet ya never heard of that hurdle after buying a new ride
So I'm going to start with FP3. Is this going to yield any initial benefits?

Many thanks!, Matt
This is a very good question. I do not recall of anyone with a LR starting with the tuner. Most of those on a budget that I recall started with slip-ons, then A/C and the tuner.

Does anyone really know how much you can tune a motor with a FP3 or PV2 with the stock exhaust and A/C?

Old 03-31-2016, 12:07 PM
Dobietrainer
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had my Fp3 for 3 weeks. One of the maps available to flash is for a stock exhaust and stock air cleaner. Since I have a stage 1 breather and a slip on I cannot say what the stock map does.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:22 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,741 Likes on 3,105 Posts

The stock 2 into 1 exhaust is fairly efficient. The air cleaner on the 2016's is " a better breather."
A "canned" tune will get you 80% there, or so.
To truely get 99% out of your engine, you'll need a dyno and a tech that knows how to tune fueling/spark tables.
The last "1%" will be do to fuel quality variations.

In a nutshell, YES, a tuner by itself will make the largest impact on power level changes.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:28 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,741 Likes on 3,105 Posts

To get the very best dyno numbers, you'll need to tune it using the lowest octane fuel your engine can run without detonation. Cool, arid air helps tremendously too. Lower altitude, dense air is your friend.
A place like this...

Old 03-31-2016, 01:08 PM
Dobietrainer
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
Holy smokes if I'm only 80% there I'm not sure this ole retired guy would be able to hang on. All I know is my bike runs plenty fast enough, runs cooler, and has no popping. Knowing what I know now, which isn't much, if I had a stock bike I'd get a FP3, down load the stock map, run 3 or 4 tanks of gas using the new map then a tank full using the autotune feature. I bet it would run better, cooler and no popping. For me the addition of the FP3 has been the best money spent on my bike.

Old 03-31-2016, 02:09 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
The stock 2 into 1 exhaust is fairly efficient. The air cleaner on the 2016's is " a better breather."
To truely get 99% out of your engine, you'll need a dyno and a tech that knows how to tune fueling/spark tables.
The last "1%" will be do to fuel quality variations.

In a nutshell, YES, a tuner by itself will make the largest impact on power level changes.

Thanks for the info. My first tuner was the PV2 I got last May when I got my LR. Got it from Fuel Moto with a FM custom map for my exhaust and A/C. Dealer did all the Stage 1 work for me.

Learning more every day.

Old 03-31-2016, 04:56 PM
USAFANGWINGNUT67
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When my FP3 comes in I'm going to mess with it's mind and tell it I have a high flow air filter, still stock, to see how it compares to the stock map. Just because I've been reading some
controversial info regarding them.
http://fuelpak.vanceandhines.com/: "Up to 5 HP gains with VO2 Air Intake and FP3 Tuning"

Last edited by USAFANGWINGNUT67; 03-31-2016 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:07 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Lets us know how that works out.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:28 PM
lifeisgood9502
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like everything about the lowrider except the exhaust. It is going to be swapped this summer.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider