Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 02:03 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Peej
Welcome Squishy.

I need to do the reflector removal. Did you floss them? Did it mar the paint/clearcoat?
I used floss and not a sign of damage at all. It was very easy after I heated them up with a hair dryer. They practically fall off by themselves. Then you have to clean up the residue.

I tried just the floss with some Goofoff, first. the floss kept breaking. After I took out the dryer, the reflectors came off very easily. I could have probably just used my fingers to remove them.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:19 PM
Peej
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
I used floss and not a sign of damage at all. It was very easy after I heated them up with a hair dryer. They practically fall off by themselves. Then you have to clean up the residue.

I tried just the floss with some Goofoff, first. the floss kept breaking. After I took out the dryer, the reflectors came off very easily. I could have probably just used my fingers to remove them.
This will be happening this weekend! Thanks!

Old 01-11-2016, 05:20 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

I got my LR a little over a week ago. I'm loving it so far. It is 100% stock except that I have removed the reflectors. I originally wanted a Street Bob because I liked the blacked out look, but the chrome is starting to grow on me.
You made the right decision. With the LR you get the dual disc front brakes and the tach as well as the HO 103. None of which you get with the SB. I love all the threads where people are trying to convert their SB, SG, or WG to dual front disc brakes. A lot of work and money.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:01 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,676 Likes on 2,116 Posts

I rode to work this morning and it might be at my limit. It was 23 degrees and after my 20 minute ride my hands were useless. but, as you said there are still days where its completely comfortable to ride during the winter here.

I got my LR a little over a week ago. I'm loving it so far. It is 100% stock except that I have removed the reflectors. I originally wanted a Street Bob because I liked the blacked out look, but the chrome is starting to grow on me. My first priority is to get rid of that ugly license plate bracket that comes stock.

After that I'm torn in which direction to go. I love the thugged out look with the Tbars and quarter fairings, but I also like the Z bar look as well. I haven seen any LR with Z bars yet, so it may be an option to do something a little different.

Engine mods will be my last to update as I find the power fine for my daily riding.

Congratulations on your new ride, you will get a lot of enjoyable miles from it.

Old 01-12-2016, 03:45 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

My first priority is to get rid of that ugly license plate bracket that comes stock.
Might I recommend the Hogrida laydown plate holder? It is very sano in it's looks and blends the plate well with the fender. Nice quality unit.

http://www.hogrida.com/

Old 01-12-2016, 06:26 AM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master

Originally Posted by Peej
This will be happening this weekend! Thanks!
Don't forget the Goofoff or something similar. this is the most time consuming part. Just wet a clean rag and start rubbing on the foamy residue. It will eventually break down. It probably took me about 5 minutes per reflector to get the residue off.

Old 01-12-2016, 06:28 AM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master

Originally Posted by modular
Might I recommend the Hogrida laydown plate holder? It is very sano in it's looks and blends the plate well with the fender. Nice quality unit.

http://www.hogrida.com/
Thanks! I love the way that looks in comparison to the others that I had been looking at. Plus it's even cheaper. I'll order that today for sure!!!!

Old 01-12-2016, 06:29 AM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master

Originally Posted by Ikelove
You made the right decision. With the LR you get the dual disc front brakes and the tach as well as the HO 103. None of which you get with the SB. I love all the threads where people are trying to convert their SB, SG, or WG to dual front disc brakes. A lot of work and money.
I test rode the SB. The brakes are in a different class with the LR for sure. Plus to me the handling was better without the apes, but I'm sure that was just because I wasn't used to them.

Old 01-12-2016, 06:31 AM
CuKoup
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't forget the Goofoff or something similar. this is the most time consuming part. Just wet a clean rag and start rubbing on the foamy residue. It will eventually break down. It probably took me about 5 minutes per reflector to get the residue off.
Just a couple picture of the hogrida plate on my LR. Best looking tag holder there is by far I believe.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:43 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

I test rode the SB. The brakes are in a different class with the LR for sure. Plus to me the handling was better without the apes, but I'm sure that was just because I wasn't used to them.

You want all the stopping power you can get when it comes to stopping a 650 lbs motorcycle. I come from a sports bike background and am use to having powerful brakes that can stop you on a dime. So when it came to getting my first cruiser, the LR was the one for me.

I also wanted a tach. I like being able to took and see my RPM. Had a tach on every street bike I ever owned.

Be sure to keep us updated on all that you do to your LR as well as your experiences (good and bad). So far, I have had nothing but good with my LR other than the stuff the dealer screwed up on when I first got the bike. The bike itself has been great.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider