Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 12:38 PM
Super08
Supporter
Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

Nice, I sure like the look of those quarter fairings.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:31 PM
frankf
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New bags

Just installed a set of Leather Pros Retro T-Sport bags on my '14 Low Rider.

Was impressed by the fit and quality. Love the look. Has a T-Sport in the past, and these bags are made better than the originals.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:20 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by frankf
Just installed a set of Leather Pros Retro T-Sport bags on my '14 Low Rider. Was impressed by the fit and quality. Love the look. Has a T-Sport in the past, and these bags are made better than the originals.
Nice to hear from you. Good looking bike. How many miles you got on your LR?

Old 12-21-2015, 08:00 PM
Jumper1
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stdynalow
Thanks Ikelove. I am on my first HD as well, which is why I always have so many questions. I will keep with the updates and hopefully be able to get this fuel tuner soon. I hope to have all the parts on by mid January.

I started with the HD Quarter fairing. It should sit a little higher when I install the new headlight bucket.

What air filter is that. I like it. And thanks for your service. Your wife must be one special lady.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:49 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

I did make it out to my local HD dealer on Sunday. I needed some new riding gloves. They had a 20% off deal so I bought a pair of HD warm weather gloves that were $40 ($32 after taking off the 20%) and a pair of cold weather gloves that were $90 ($72 after taking off the 20%). I had built up some Rewards Points that were good for $50, so I left with my two new pair of HD gloves for about $60 OTD.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:35 AM
Peej
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

That could be the cheapest visit ever. Of course if you figure in the Bike and parts along with the gloves, then you could be averaging about 2 thousand a visit! Good job!

I scored a suede leather shirt (South Florida Winter Jacket, lol) for 30% off the other day. That and some forwards and they gave me the Christmas gas tank collectibles framed as a thank you.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:21 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Peej
That could be the cheapest visit ever. Of course if you figure in the Bike and parts along with the gloves, then you could be averaging about 2 thousand a visit! Good job!

I scored a suede leather shirt (South Florida Winter Jacket, lol) for 30% off the other day. That and some forwards and they gave me the Christmas gas tank collectibles framed as a thank you.

I do not know if the Rewards Points program at my dealer is the same for all dealers. My LR is my first HD and all of this is new to me. I know I did not get any rewards points for purchasing the bike. They made that clear to me when I bought it. They did give me rewards points for the labor of installing the Stage 1 parts they installed for me and for the two 1000 mile and 5000 mile services I had done.

Old 12-22-2015, 05:41 PM
Super08
Supporter
Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Jumper1
What air filter is that. I like it. And thanks for your service. Your wife must be one special lady.
That is the stock air filter in that picture you quoted that comes on the 2016. It is the same as the Screamin Eagle one I bought for mine but it has a 103 on the cover instead of an eagle.

Old 12-22-2015, 06:16 PM
saddlebag
Tourer
Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
I do not know if the Rewards Points program at my dealer is the same for all dealers. My LR is my first HD and all of this is new to me. I know I did not get any rewards points for purchasing the bike. They made that clear to me when I bought it. They did give me rewards points for the labor of installing the Stage 1 parts they installed for me and for the two 1000 mile and 5000 mile services I had done.
Well, if you paid $300 for a Harley oil change, that does kinda make the gloves look a little more expensive...

Old 12-22-2015, 10:03 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by saddlebag
Well, if you paid $300 for a Harley oil change, that does kinda make the gloves look a little more expensive...
I do not know about your HD dealer but mine does a lot more than an oil change when I take the bike in for servicing. How do I know? I sat both times in the waiting area and watched the tech check a comprehensive list of things including all those things that can come loose, belt tension, tires, etc. When the tech is done, the detailing guy comes over a wipes everything down real nice and shines her up.

I run AMS synthetic in both the engine and trans which costs a little more than standard oil. For all that is done, I have no problem shelling out $300.

I know down the road when I sell the bike, and can show the buyer all dealer records from purchase to last servicing, it will make the sale go easier than telling him "hey, I did all the work myself and you can take that to the bank." Having sold almost 10 previous bikes, I know. Proof that servicing was done by the dealership and done on schedule beats hoping the guy selling bike did everything he claims to have done.

Last edited by Ikelove; 12-22-2015 at 10:06 PM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider