Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 07:22 PM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 868 Likes on 547 Posts

Originally Posted by Peej
Anybody having cosmetic issues with the front forks in the stock finish? Mine is pitting and starting to show signs of wear after 6 months. I would love to paint them black.
Could be Florida salt air. Check all your metal closely.

Old 12-20-2015, 08:24 PM
Peej
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Qdog002
Could be Florida salt air. Check all your metal closely.
I am sure it doesn't help. Did a 175 miles today with the last bit along the water. I washed the bike down and the forks are just starting to show signs. The dealer told me it would happen. You would think that HD would have a little better quality control on those by now especially with all the hogs I see in the Sunshine State.

Old 12-20-2015, 08:52 PM
Super08
Supporter
Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

I just got a smaller HD windshield for mine to use running round town and for shorter trips through ebay. It has the quick change clamps on it was well so I can switch windshields in under a minute. I will save my big Clearview shield for long trips where I need the protection more. It is overkill for around town and looks a bit awkward on the bike. They guy advertised it as in like new condition with no scratches. Not the case, I would call it good used condition with light scratches over the whole screen from use and washing. I left him neutral feedback because of it. He is lucky it wasn't negative feedback. By the time I got it up here with shipping and taxes it was $300 cdn. and a new one is $560 up here tax included. So if I buy a replacement screen I will be around $480 depending on who I get one from. Still less than new but not by much.

Old 12-20-2015, 09:13 PM
1stdynalow
Intermediate
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Good to hear from you. Tell us little about you and your LR. Post some pics if you have some handy. We love hearing about LR owners and their LRs.
I just got into Harleys in September when I got my 2016 Low Rider. I got back from a deployment in Iraq and my wife surprised me with it. I never really knew I would love riding Harleys as much as I do.

My Low Rider has a few things coming for Christmas. An early xmas present was the HD quarter fairing. The next upgrades that are in the mail are; Bassani Road rage 2-1 exhaust, 12" West Coast MX Tbars, Headlight bucket, headlight block, cable kit) and Performance machine grips. The dealership prices are too high for me so I am going to find a friend to help me do the installs. The final thing I want to get is the FP3 before I install the exhaust system.

I have 3 weeks left in the Air Force so I might have to wait until I start a new job to continue the upgrades.

Old 12-20-2015, 09:34 PM
Super08
Supporter
Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

What a wonderful way to come home. Kudos to them for doing it for you! Even though I am in Canada thank you very much for your service, not only to your country but to all of the free world.

Old 12-20-2015, 11:25 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Anybody having cosmetic issues with the front forks in the stock finish? Mine is pitting and starting to show signs of wear after 6 months. I would love to paint them black.
Got mine in May and I have no issues.

Old 12-20-2015, 11:31 PM
1stdynalow
Intermediate

not having the issue you are having. By the way how do you like the power commander? I am trying to figure out which tuner to use on my with the Bassani Road rage 2-1.

Old 12-20-2015, 11:47 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stdynalow
I just got into Harleys in September when I got my 2016 Low Rider. I got back from a deployment in Iraq and my wife surprised me with it. I never really knew I would love riding Harleys as much as I do.

My Low Rider has a few things coming for Christmas. An early xmas present was the HD quarter fairing. The next upgrades that are in the mail are; Bassani Road rage 2-1 exhaust, 12" West Coast MX Tbars, Headlight bucket, headlight block, cable kit) and Performance machine grips. The dealership prices are too high for me so I am going to find a friend to help me do the installs. The final thing I want to get is the FP3 before I install the exhaust system.

I have 3 weeks left in the Air Force so I might have to wait until I start a new job to continue the upgrades.
Now that is a real nice homecoming to find a sweet LR in the garage. The LR I got in May is my first HD and I know what you mean about loving to ride it. I already have 6000 miles on mine and that was in 6 months.

You have some real nice mods selected. Be sure to keep us updated. I went with the Power Vision 2. Money well spent.

Old 12-21-2015, 12:03 AM
1stdynalow
Intermediate

Thanks Ikelove. I am on my first HD as well, which is why I always have so many questions. I will keep with the updates and hopefully be able to get this fuel tuner soon. I hope to have all the parts on by mid January.

I started with the HD Quarter fairing. It should sit a little higher when I install the new headlight bucket.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:47 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,296 Likes on 1,703 Posts

Very nice...congrats.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider