Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 07:12 PM
Super08
Supporter
Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Pure LR ****. Looking real good.
Thanks. I was up at the dealers today and he thinks they can order in a set of the quick attach windshield mounts. If he can then I can put my factory windshield back on for the majority of my riding around town and short trips and save the Clearview for longer rides. The Clearview works very well at protecting me, but does not look as good on the bike due to it's large size. It also holds the bike back somewhat. I could really feel the difference when passing at higher speeds after I put it on. It punches a rather large hole through the air, especially with the recurve at the top.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:38 PM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 868 Likes on 547 Posts

Originally Posted by Peej
I like it but that is my inspiration bike, mine is at the bottom. I like the black pipe to break up all the chrome I added.
Yes I know yours is at the bottom and you asked "any thoughts?" that is what I would add to your inspiration bike.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:36 AM
Peej
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I'll clip the remote to a little bag I strapped on the backrest or just punch the code in. It's much cooler rolling up from 300 yards and having the door come up on the bat cave and rolling in without breaking stride! If not its get off and punch the code.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:38 AM
Peej
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Qdog002
Yes I know yours is at the bottom and you asked "any thoughts?" that is what I would add to your inspiration bike.
Thanks! Keep them coming! I am getting ready to order some parts and will update everyone. Stage 1 and forwards to start. Geez, this is gonna cost some dough!

Old 12-04-2015, 12:28 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Thanks! Keep them coming! I am getting ready to order some parts and will update everyone. Stage 1 and forwards to start. Geez, this is gonna cost some dough!
It sure adds up. I was around $2300 for my HD 1/4 Fairing, Super Brace, DK 587 AC, V&H Big Shots + Quite Baffles, and PV2 Tuner.

I do not think anyone has left their new LR stock.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:59 PM
Peej
Cruiser

I hear ya, it just took me a while to figure out what look I wanted to go for and it just hit me this week. I want to have a slight twinge of the club look to the classic lines by throwing in that black pipe. The great thing about these bikes is that no matter what direction you go with black, chrome or any combo you will create a great look.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:24 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

I'll clip the remote to a little bag I strapped on the backrest or just punch the code in. It's much cooler rolling up from 300 yards and having the door come up on the bat cave and rolling in without breaking stride! If not its get off and punch the code.

one day i will be able to do this.

Heres what i have to do now: pull up along side driveway, open the gate and pull the bike along the side of the house and into the back yard and park, run to latch the gate because i didn't realize the dog was out and he is watching me and thinks he can go on an adventure, get the keys out and go in the back door of the house, go into the garage and open the back doors, start the bike back up and pull in inside, kick the laundry basket out of the way and put down the kickstand, double check the gate because now i dont see the dog

Old 12-04-2015, 04:21 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Things were warm enough today for a little 20 mile ride. Things will be warm enough Sat and Sun. Plan on riding each day because, all too soon, memories of riding will be all I have until spring.

In terms of winter mods, there is nothing I plan on doing. I got my LR the way I want it.

Old 12-04-2015, 04:37 PM
Peej
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ikelove
In terms of winter mods, there is nothing I plan on doing. I got my LR the way I want it.
Possible endings to this quote:

A). For now
B). Until I went to the bike show
C). said no Harley owner ever

We all know this is just temporary! Glad you are enjoying the bike! Seriously, HD owes you some commission for starting this thread.

Old 12-05-2015, 12:38 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Possible endings to this quote:

A). For now
B). Until I went to the bike show
C). said no Harley owner ever

We all know this is just temporary! Glad you are enjoying the bike! Seriously, HD owes you some commission for starting this thread.
I would not mind some better rear shocks but the stock ones work well enough for me. I never ride two-up and am under 200 lbs. Spending the extra money some nice Progressive 970s would run is just not something I need to do.

When I started this thread, it was just to get some feedback from actual LR owners. Until my May 2015 Demo Day event rides, I never considered getting a HD. I had no idea the thread would become what it has become.

I hope any new LR owners will stop by and share with us their bikes and mods.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider