Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 01:28 PM
NealE
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FatboyBass
Hi all,

do any of the UK LR owners know if anyone's stocking the S.E. Nightstick for the LR here in the UK?. When I put the part no into UK HD dealer parts search, it comes up blank. US dealers have them, but of course they don't ship internationally.
Thanks, FBB

PS, I've added a pic as mine is now, (stock) but give it a few months & it will be different!
Be good to know if they can be supplied, however I heard they didn't carry the important Eurobollocks stamp so were not legal. If they can be sourced I think its a must for me as the standard exhaust looks good (to me) but has no sound and therefore lacks the Harley character.

Old 07-31-2014, 02:49 PM
knightenforcer
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Some changes, nothing too drastic.
SE nightstick slip on, Ness big sucker, Powervision 2, retro grips and laydown license plate added. Dynojet sent me a tune to start with, bike is running better and sounds better compared to stock. It's still a bit quiet...waiting on supertrapp open end cap to see if it'll improve the sound a bit.
ETA: Got the supertrapp open end cap with 6 discs installed, she sounds like a harley now lol (not too loud, just right). Rides/runs great too. Overall very happy with it.

-

-

Last edited by knightenforcer; 07-31-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:01 PM
cnydynarider
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by knightenforcer
Traded my 2001 Softail for a Dyna Low rider with ABS
They gave me full retail price for my trade so I'm a happy camper.
The 103" is awesome, but the stock exhaust has got to go lol.

Congrats on the new bike. Love the silver/black paint scheme.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:15 PM
knightenforcer
Road Master

Originally Posted by cnydynarider
Congrats on the new bike. Love the silver/black paint scheme.
Thanks

Old 08-01-2014, 11:23 AM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,676 Likes on 2,116 Posts

Originally Posted by knightenforcer
Some changes, nothing too drastic.
SE nightstick slip on, Ness big sucker, Powervision 2, retro grips and laydown license plate added. Dynojet sent me a tune to start with, bike is running better and sounds better compared to stock. It's still a bit quiet...waiting on supertrapp open end cap to see if it'll improve the sound a bit.
ETA: Got the supertrapp open end cap with 6 discs installed, she sounds like a harley now lol (not too loud, just right). Rides/runs great too. Overall very happy w

-

-
do you still have the cat converter with the tuner added? I want to add a tuner to en rich the mixture slightly, but fear will cause more heat in the exhaust and my wife already says is very warm on her foot above the muffler. am thinking of removing the cat this winter and adding a tuner.

Old 08-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Jimbo33
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Knightenforcer,
Can you give a little more detail? I am new to Harley so I am still trying to figure this out step by step.

1) After you installed the mods, How did you pick the best map for the Powervision 2? Did you use a precanned map based on the mods, Auto Tune or Dyno testing? What did it cost you all together for the mods including labor?

2) Did it affect fuel mileage? Don't get me wrong, it is not the $ for gas I am concerned about, I don't want to reduce my range between fillups.

3) Is there a difference in heat? Can you tell if there has been a reduction in engine temp?

Thanks.

Old 08-01-2014, 04:11 PM
knightenforcer
Road Master

Originally Posted by Jimbo33
Knightenforcer,
Can you give a little more detail? I am new to Harley so I am still trying to figure this out step by step.

1) After you installed the mods, How did you pick the best map for the Powervision 2? Did you use a precanned map based on the mods, Auto Tune or Dyno testing? What did it cost you all together for the mods including labor?

2) Did it affect fuel mileage? Don't get me wrong, it is not the $ for gas I am concerned about, I don't want to reduce my range between fillups.

3) Is there a difference in heat? Can you tell if there has been a reduction in engine temp?

Thanks.
Jimbo, I wrote to Dynojet and gave them the info I have on the bike and they sent me a tune number (pre-canned) map closest to my setup. Bike runs great, and not running as Hot as before (too lean from the factory). Dynojet has great customer service, you can email them or call them if you need help.
(I have dealt with them with my power commander and PV1 in the past). After that, if you're happy with the way she runs then leave it alone. But If you have the $$$, Dyno tune is best.
I dont ride as much anymore due to health reasons, when I do its usually just around town or the beach. I did not notice a big difference in fuel consumption before and after the mods.

Old 08-01-2014, 04:23 PM
knightenforcer
Road Master

Originally Posted by MRFREEZE57
do you still have the cat converter with the tuner added? I want to add a tuner to en rich the mixture slightly, but fear will cause more heat in the exhaust and my wife already says is very warm on her foot above the muffler. am thinking of removing the cat this winter and adding a tuner.
I left the cat converter and stock head pipes. Happy with the 103", just needed more sound.
The Powervision 2 tune helped alot with the heat. I noticed a big difference compared to stock. She's not running as hot as it used to with the stock tune.(too lean) PV2 automatically saves your stock tune from your ECM, and you can then compare them on your PC. things I look for are the Air fuel ratio and VE tables (stock vs the new tune). Someone else correct me if I'm wrong but the stock tune is very Lean, and Lean=Heat.

Old 08-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Thanks, knightenforcer. This is very helpful info.

Old 08-03-2014, 04:14 PM
NealE
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Finally got around to posting a picture of mine

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider