Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 12:56 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by modular
Kewl, thanks Dobie. I was able to pick up a new 2014 Street Bob solo seat take off for $55 shipped.

Did you change seats for looks or comfort?

Old 11-03-2015, 01:11 PM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Did you change seats for looks or comfort?
Neither really. The wife has her own scoot and I never 2 up. I figure removing the HEAVY rear peg mounts and such would just make the bike faster. Heck, the thing spins the rear tire shifting into 2nd gear now when giving it the business.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:07 PM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

Neither really. The wife has her own scoot and I never 2 up. I figure removing the HEAVY rear peg mounts and such would just make the bike faster. Heck, the thing spins the rear tire shifting into 2nd gear now when giving it the business.
Wanna sell those passenger peg mounts?

Old 11-04-2015, 07:16 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Of course, shedding that kind of weight should improve acceleration quite a bit. I do like the looks of it. Another personal way to customize the LR.

Old 11-04-2015, 06:39 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Any new LR owners out there who have been watching this thread who have not commented yet?

Always interested in hearing from new LR owners.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:10 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

For those of us that live in cold climates, what do you have planned in terms of mods while we wait for winter to come and go?

Old 11-06-2015, 03:22 PM
coneye
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Any new LR owners out there who have been watching this thread who have not commented yet?

Always interested in hearing from new LR owners.
Had mine about 3 weeks , unfortunatly not been able to get out on it much , (working ), but in the 1200 klm i've done i know its a keeper , I struggle to find bikes that fit me , ( think gorrilla ) but the LR fits perfect ,, was'nt too sure at first because i owned a street bob , and used to scrape everywhere , i was worried this would be the same , but i've not scraped once .

Put the nightstick slip on and the open end supertrapp cap , and gotr a good sound out of it , 90 % right , i'm hoping it will just deepen a bit after a few miles then it will be perfect , if not i'll put the supertrapp exhaust on , heard one on another dyna and sounds spot on ,, hoping mine gets a bit deeper and it will be the same .

Other than that all good very happy with it ,, difficult choice for me now is do i buy a touring seat , good shockers , and q r bags and screen ,, then get rid of my touring bike or do i keep this for solo and the tourer for long distance and 2 up .

discisions , discisions .

Old 11-07-2015, 08:30 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by coneye
Had mine about 3 weeks , unfortunatly not been able to get out on it much , (working ), but in the 1200 klm i've done i know its a keeper , I struggle to find bikes that fit me , ( think gorrilla ) but the LR fits perfect ,, was'nt too sure at first because i owned a street bob , and used to scrape everywhere , i was worried this would be the same , but i've not scraped once .

Put the nightstick slip on and the open end supertrapp cap , and gotr a good sound out of it , 90 % right , i'm hoping it will just deepen a bit after a few miles then it will be perfect , if not i'll put the supertrapp exhaust on , heard one on another dyna and sounds spot on ,, hoping mine gets a bit deeper and it will be the same .

Other than that all good very happy with it ,, difficult choice for me now is do i buy a touring seat , good shockers , and q r bags and screen ,, then get rid of my touring bike or do i keep this for solo and the tourer for long distance and 2 up .

discisions , discisions .
Good to hear from you. Be sure to post some pics when you get a chance and keep us updated on what you do to the bike and how things go in terms of issues.

Old 11-07-2015, 12:15 PM
motorbikemike48
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2015 take offs

Originally Posted by emperor wurm
Wanna sell those passenger peg mounts?
2015 take offs . took mine off also .. they can be had ..

Old 11-07-2015, 01:56 PM
NealE
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure if it's just me, but I think this thread is really DEAD!

There are now two further MY releases of the Low Rider so we should move on. Not being funny but I couldn't care less about whether someone had a ride to work or not. I want advice and real guidance on my bike and perhaps what I may consider as mods, as opposed to someone thinking all their day to day nonsense is of any real interest.

Ride Safe brothers.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider