Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 04:02 PM
FatboyBass
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,
another UK Low Rider owner here. Mines the Amber Whisky/Black. Really pleased with it in the main. Will have to do the brake pedal adjust, but really pleased with the power from the 103 ci motor. I'd really like some pointers with regard to the exhaust. It's too quiet, I'd like to hear more of the famous Harley rumble. Don't really want to spend loads of money putting a complete new exhaust system on a brand new bike, so what are my options to get more volume from the exhaust please? Will this mean a re-map/re-tune? You hear many conflicting opinions regarding this - some owners say no re-tune required, dealers will say you must have a re-map/re-tune, but then they would wouldn't they? Any assistance/recommendations appreciated for slipons, or mods to stock system.
Thanks

Old 07-24-2014, 05:11 PM
NealE
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FatboyBass
Hi all,
another UK Low Rider owner here. Mines the Amber Whisky/Black. Really pleased with it in the main. Will have to do the brake pedal adjust, but really pleased with the power from the 103 ci motor. I'd really like some pointers with regard to the exhaust. It's too quiet, I'd like to hear more of the famous Harley rumble. Don't really want to spend loads of money putting a complete new exhaust system on a brand new bike, so what are my options to get more volume from the exhaust please? Will this mean a re-map/re-tune? You hear many conflicting opinions regarding this - some owners say no re-tune required, dealers will say you must have a re-map/re-tune, but then they would wouldn't they? Any assistance/recommendations appreciated for slipons, or mods to stock system.
Thanks
Ditto on the exhaust - any advice welcome.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:01 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,906 Likes on 4,011 Posts

Originally Posted by NealE
Ditto on the exhaust - any advice welcome.

Another one looking to see what LR owners are doing in terms of Stage 1 mods.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:52 AM
Iceman103
Advanced

Hi all,
Thanks
Welcome I wonder how many Low Riders there are in the UK?
Bit of a stupid question - how do you adjust brake pedal? By mistake, the dealer gave my Sportster manual and I'm waiting for the correct one to arrive in post. I'll be probably changing the exhaust this weekend and I may need to move the brake pedal.
As far as exhaust options go - Harley and Vance & Hines do slip-ons for LR. I don't think you NEED a remap with a slip on, but you may want it

Old 07-25-2014, 05:08 AM
FatboyBass
Novice

Originally Posted by Iceman103
Welcome I wonder how many Low Riders there are in the UK?
Bit of a stupid question - how do you adjust brake pedal? By mistake, the dealer gave my Sportster manual and I'm waiting for the correct one to arrive in post. I'll be probably changing the exhaust this weekend and I may need to move the brake pedal.
As far as exhaust options go - Harley and Vance & Hines do slip-ons for LR. I don't think you NEED a remap with a slip on, but you may want it
Cheers Iceman,

see post # 152 in this thread by Saddleman - nice handy video clip, re brake pedal height adjustment.

FBB

Old 07-25-2014, 05:34 AM
NealE
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cheers Iceman,

see post # 152 in this thread by Saddleman - nice handy video clip, re brake pedal height adjustment.

FBB
Iceman - let me know how you get on with that. I'm still pondering the adjustment but as I'm getting used to the pedal now I may leave as is. Also I couldn't see that the adjustment would make much difference. I may ask the dealer when it goes in for the 100 mile service.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:53 AM
Iceman103
Advanced

Awesome, thanks FBB!

NealE - will do. To be honest, I'm seriously considering replacing stock controls with proper mid mounts, but I have to do a few more miles to make up my mind.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:46 AM
Galaxie500fb
Advanced

As soon as I free up a lil money I'm going to buy a set of 2 into 2's from eBay probably that are from a late model dyna. I'm pretty sure they're gonna fit if I also get the right mount bracket that bolts to the trans. I prefer the look of the 2 into 2. Probably gonna have to swap out to forward controls but I prefer those to these forward mids.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:12 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Another reason I do not mind waiting a bit before I get mine: I want to see what the wise forum members do with their LRs. Will save me a lot of time.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:32 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Iceman103
I'll be probably changing the exhaust this weekend and I may need to move the brake pedal.

Let us know how it goes,

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider