Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 11:13 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

If HD does offer a CVO LR at some point, I hope it has a better suspension with 2 inches more travel (front and rear), a working gas gauge and better placement of the ignition. It would not hurt if they also did something to the battery box cover.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:16 AM
A1A
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Super08
I had to work is why I wasn't posting

As for the seat there are some good threads on seats. One of the threads I found a single guy had tried about 5 different seats on his bike. As for me the only seat I have tried besides the stock one was the Tallboy seat. It took away any butt pain I had, but it elevated me up into the windstream above the windscreen. I have gone back to the stock seat for now as it is so nice to have my head in a bubble of calm air. The stock seat looks so much better too. So far I have spent up to 5 hours in the seat in a single ride with each leg between an hour and two hours without any pain so my butt must have toughened up. If I do get some I may try one of those little gel pads before I try another seat.
Sorry you had to work today Super08. I do use one of those Gel butt pads. But even using the pad my butt gets numb after 15-20 mins. I'm going for another ride tomorrow about 170 miles round trip. I'll be taking the CanAm Spyder RTL-SE6 and give my butt a break.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:18 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
Might be water cooled by then...
I would be okay with that.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:20 AM
A1A
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Sorry, I have no advice I can offer on this subject. I love the stock seat. I'm 5'6 and it fits me very nicely and it is way more comfortable than the seat on my last bike (2011 GSXR 600). Plenty of LR owners in this thread have changed seats.
Thanks Ikelove, I'm slowly sifting through all 217 pages in the 2014 Low Rider section.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:45 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by A1A
Thanks Ikelove, I'm slowly sifting through all 217 pages in the 2014 Low Rider section.
Like reading a good book, sifting through the 217 pages of this thread will prove rewarding. I love the stock seat and bars. I would never change them. But many others have.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:19 AM
NealE
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Mustang Wide Solo and had one on my Sportster Iron before this. Great seats, very comfortable and I have done multiple hour trips without any discomfort. You can get the detachable pillion too which I also have.

Originally Posted by A1A
Really need some help from y'all regarding an aftermarket seat? I have got to get something a lot more comfortable under me. I'm 6' 0" tall and the way the stock seat fits is not at all good for me. I'd like a seat which has more overall support area. Which would spread the pressure over a greater area of the butt & upper hip area. Seem like I'm riding more on my butt bones and lower back with the stock seat. I love the looks of the stock seat on the LR, but can't take the pain anymore.
Can anyone tell me what fits on the 2014 FXDL? I looked on the net but I'm really confused. One site said a seat will fit & another says it won't. Most of the sites have not really updated there information for our newer LR model. I'm interested in a Mustang or who ever else makes a more comfortable touring type seat, that won't break the bank.
I need more comfort.
Thanks in advance.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:24 AM
NealE
Cruiser

M25 near Clackett Lane Services Westbound. Saturday 8 Aug 2015

Originally Posted by A1A
I see we only have two posting today. Now that's a good sign and must mean everybody is out riding. I went on a short 100 mile round trip ride today with the Florida Southern Cruisers. But it sure got hot fast.
I did about 140 miles yesterday, but was rather curtailed by a tanker fire which happened on the only section of Motorway (Freeway) I was using and blocked the road for a bit. Spent quite a while sunbathing, chatting to other bikers and also to a Highway England officer who is looking to buy a Harley. No clues as to what I suggested.

Old 08-09-2015, 04:46 PM
A1A
Tourer

NealE,
Looks like quite a back up on the Motorway. Hope nobody got hurt. I new it, you should have stayed on the A roads. Much more scenic and you can always find nice little place to eat & get a cup a tea. I've had Mustang seats on two other bikes I owned and liked them a lot. What is the Mustang Part # for the solo seat that fits the 2014 FXDL?

Last edited by A1A; 08-10-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:57 PM
A1A
Tourer

I rode 185 miles today here in northeast Florida with three of my friends. It only got up to 95 degrees F. not really to bad, as long as you keep moving. I had to ride my Spyder and give my butt a break from that LR seat. I've really been neglecting the Spyder for the last month since I bought the LR.
Hope everybody got to ride today.

Old 08-09-2015, 05:06 PM
NealE
Cruiser

Originally Posted by A1A
NealF,
Looks like quite a back up on the Motorway. Hope nobody got hurt. I new it, you should have stayed on the A roads. Much more scenic and you can always find nice little place to eat & get a cup a tea. I've had Mustang seats on two other bikes I owned and liked them a lot. What is the Mustang Part # for the solo seat that fits the 2014 FXDL?
Yep. Sods law. I had a last minute decision to avoid a few villages and what happens.................

I have the Mustang Vintage Wide Solo Seat 16.5 Inches part no 76117 plus the detachable Mustang Vintage Wide Passenger Seat 76119.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider