Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 08:00 PM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 761 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Any other LR owners on the forum?
I am. Love mine huge upgrade from my old sportster

Old 07-18-2014, 08:50 PM
frontporchblues
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am as well... mine is all stock short detachable side plates, relocated turn signals, Harley quarter fairing(with RoadDawgz with 4 inch rise) and Leather Pro FXDXT retro T-Sport Saddlebags on order...

Old 07-18-2014, 09:30 PM
atlantaallen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JefFLH
True, but most will do the bare minimum to say the service was performed. Chances of finding that kind of tech at a dealer are pretty low. They're not out to do anything extra.
Then I would find a new dealer. The ones I use have found much on new and used bikes for me that I would have never found. A good service department makes a dealer a lot of money, satisfied customers come back

Old 07-18-2014, 09:35 PM
rednred
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Here too. Only a couple hundred miles. Sissy bar, luggage rack, mustache style engine bar and slightly 'doctored' muffler is all so far. Came from sport 1200C. Liked it ... Love the new LR.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:13 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,884 Likes on 4,005 Posts

One thing I have noticed is that all the LR owners are happy with their bikes. No complaints. That says a lot.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:24 PM
DelRider
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

One thing I have noticed is that all the LR owners are happy with their bikes. No complaints. That says a lot.
I am not an LR owner, but have been test riding and working on numbers. After a Sporty, Dyna, and Heritage Sftl I took a break. Not enough, just about right, too much, respectively for my riding at this point. The LR polished the Dyna to 'almost perfect', IMO. Based on previous experiences, If I decide to pull the trigger, bone stock (aside from sissy bar and rack) is just fine with me, thank you very much.

BTW, no disrespect to the Sporty. My wife has a Stage 1 1200 and it is a hoot. She's about 100 lbs light than me and she FLYS on it. Very nice bike, I should lose some weight.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:41 PM
DelRider
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

For what it is worth, I was at the dealer today looking at the Low Rider, talking numbers and stuff. He mentioned that there is a recall on the Low Rider, but it would not affect me unless I was planning on modding the bike. Particularly in flashing the EPROM to remove the rev limiter. Apparently, there is an ignition switch issue that can be problematic due to the vibration characteristics that are realized above 5700 RPM. There is a fix, but the parts for this dealer won't be in until the end of the week.

Sorry if this is old news.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:48 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,677 Likes on 2,117 Posts

Originally Posted by DelRider
For what it is worth, I was at the dealer today looking at the Low Rider, talking numbers and stuff. He mentioned that there is a recall on the Low Rider, but it would not affect me unless I was planning on modding the bike. Particularly in flashing the EPROM to remove the rev limiter. Apparently, there is an ignition switch issue that can be problematic due to the vibration characteristics that are realized above 5700 RPM. There is a fix, but the parts for this dealer won't be in until the end of the week.

I can not imagine running this bike to 5700 rpm. even when getting on it to accelerate quickly in lower gears, I don't think have gone above 4000, and in top gear, is still under 3000 at 85mph.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:51 AM
pab3rd
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 220 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by DelRider

Just check again with local dealer and they are still waiting on the replacement parts to come in. So I will make sure I am below 5700 rpm till than.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:08 PM
Iceman103
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep Only got it last Friday. 100% stock at the moment, but I've got some accessories on order and waiting for delivery, plus looking into exhaust options.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider