Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 12:08 PM
Peej
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamM
That whole piece can be removed. Its more or less a giant sticker on just a plain chrome battery cover
Thanks for the info...is it beveled like the left side or just smooth chrome? I am thinking this will be my next mod...even if it is to put a stick on Willie G skull on there, it has to be better than stock.

Old 07-19-2015, 12:34 PM
AdamM
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Peej
Thanks for the info...is it beveled like the left side or just smooth chrome? I am thinking this will be my next mod...even if it is to put a stick on Willie G skull on there, it has to be better than stock.
It's smooth. Its the same as all the other Dyna battery covers, it just has that Low Rider black and brushed silver piece attached

Old 07-19-2015, 01:40 PM
Super08
Supporter
Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

I just had the bike out for about an hour. The V&H tuner worked very well and the bike runs like a top after adding the new Screamin Eagle intake and the V&H double slash slip on. The exhaust has a very nice tone and it is not obnoxious at all. The only time it is loud is if you really crank on in.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:11 PM
BigDemo
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadgetech
I'm curious if you've had an opportunity to scrape the pegs with this exhaust setup? They appear to sit pretty low. I'm either going with the cross backs or the shorter 2->2 if I go Rineharts. Crossbacks appear to block the oil filler and the 2->2 look like they'd easily scrape so I'm unsure. I've had Rineharts on every big twin HD I've had as I just love the sound and their focus on performance.

I look forward to your feedback on your setup BigDemo.
Their "low-ness" may be a little deceiving. I've scraped the pegs on both sides quite a bit but never the pipes. I've got a pretty severe decline to merge onto the main road from my house and usually that's a recipe for dragging parts at the transition to the flat road but haven't had any trouble. My buddy's SG that is lowered and has the crossover under the frame (also Rinehart) doesn't scrape either. Of course, he's not leaning it like a dyna but all the same...

And as far as the battery box issue that came up, I agree that the stock one is less than stellar. I ended up grabbing a cheap little bag, cutting off the fringe, and mounting it to the stock cover after removing the badge. It's not the best but I was going to replace the cover anyway so why not run a few self-tappers through an ugly fork bag and have a little stash spot, right?

Having a hard time getting pics to load. I have examples of the SG next to my ride as well as my ghetto battery box bag so if anyone cares to see them I can give it another try.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:57 PM
Ed Grez
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BigDemo
Also, a little PSA for the LR brotherhood...
I noticed a rear end sound that kind of seemed like either a belt tension problem or a bearing starting to go. It happened at certain RPM as opposed to certain speed so I surmised that it was a result of having a particular load on the motor. Anyway, took it to the dealer and made two different guys ride it because they said nothing was wrong. Left aggravated and started to investigate. Turns out the strut covers are a little loose and when you get just the right vibration happening (RPM) they squeal.
Don't know if anyone else has experienced this but if you do, inspect those covers and don't make an *** of yourself in public like I did.
I have noticed that too, mostly with my solo seat on. I think my butt on the factory seat or my Saddleman Explorer seat dampen it enough so I can't hear it. Have been able to figure a fix??

Old 07-19-2015, 08:18 PM
Gadgetech
Club Member
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDemo
Their "low-ness" may be a little deceiving. I've scraped the pegs on both sides quite a bit but never the pipes. I've got a pretty severe decline to merge onto the main road from my house and usually that's a recipe for dragging parts at the transition to the flat road but haven't had any trouble. My buddy's SG that is lowered and has the crossover under the frame (also Rinehart) doesn't scrape either. Of course, he's not leaning it like a dyna but all the same...
Awesome, thank you!

Old 07-20-2015, 12:02 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

I have yet to scrape anything in my near 1500 miles. I have taken some sharp angles and turns. Finally a few days coming up without any rain. Looking forward to riding to work Tues-Fri. Temps in the high 70s and low 80s.

Old 07-20-2015, 12:07 PM
Super08
Supporter
Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

Mine as well, I have really laid it down in a few corners and thought it would have scraped but it hasn't. The lean angle of the Lowrider seems to be more than they list it as.

Old 07-20-2015, 12:12 PM
jondle1
Intermediate

I ditched the stock adjustable sportster looking handlebar/ headlight mount for some 6" risers I had laying around . Changed the headlight bucket out to a bottom mount . I think it. Looks a lot better and as a bonus the handle bars don't vibrate any where near what they did . Before at 2-3000 rpm mine vibrated pretty good especially it seems like the left side of the bars more so . This is the best mod I have done so far ..

Last edited by jondle1; 07-20-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:53 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Your bike looks great, jondle1. What are you planning to do next?

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider