Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 07:50 PM
Iron obsessed
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Gauge lights, ignition switch

So my gauges were swapped out on warranty because lights were going on and off, just noticed they were out again...second the ignition switch, anyone notice that it gets hot to the touch after a ride or is it just residual heat coming off engine when shut down? ( being metal and all) anyone notice or having these issues?

Old 06-24-2015, 10:30 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,906 Likes on 4,011 Posts

Originally Posted by M.R.
08 fxdl here, 30,000 miles. The first thing I did was put foward controls on it, mids were too cramped. They would have gone away anyhow when I put the Vance and Hines short shots on...screaming eagle heavy air cleaner and a power comander and I'm happy
Post a picture of your baby. Were you the original owner?

Old 06-25-2015, 06:37 AM
Peej
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

So, I have been to several events in the last two weeks with the most recent one last night. Apparently the LR's return is a well kept secret. I haven't seen any others out there. The bike gets a lot of compliments though. Most are like, wow, 1690 on a dyna frame, that must be a blast! Yep...

I got a luggage rack from Krome Works yesterday. It attaches to the seat bolt and attaches to the plate. It is pretty long and I just don't see it happening. I think I am returning it because the sissy I have is angled and it just messes up my lines. If I ever need to put a big bag on I will just put it on the seat or put a cover on the fender if I am 2 up.

Anyway, the exhaust is sounding better now...is that even possible? Happy riding fellas!

Old 06-25-2015, 07:11 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Peej
So, I have been to several events in the last two weeks with the most recent one last night. Apparently the LR's return is a well kept secret. I haven't seen any others out there. The bike gets a lot of compliments though. Most are like, wow, 1690 on a dyna frame, that must be a blast! Yep...

I got a luggage rack from Krome Works yesterday. It attaches to the seat bolt and attaches to the plate. It is pretty long and I just don't see it happening. I think I am returning it because the sissy I have is angled and it just messes up my lines. If I ever need to put a big bag on I will just put it on the seat or put a cover on the fender if I am 2 up.

Anyway, the exhaust is sounding better now...is that even possible? Happy riding fellas!
I have yet to make an appearance at any of the local events taking place in my area, but I have gotten plenty of compliments on my LR from co-workers.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:31 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,748 Likes on 829 Posts

Originally Posted by Vonswanko
Bought my '15 Lowrider in May....got 2500 miles on it and finally a few mods finished up.

Figured I could show a couple pics.

The black Thunderheader looks like the finish is uneven and poor quality. Are you happy with the coating?

Old 06-25-2015, 09:14 AM
Vonswanko
Road Master
Received 114 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Antonio *****
The black Thunderheader looks like the finish is uneven and poor quality. Are you happy with the coating?
Not at all happy with the coating, but on the slip-ons, I think they expect you to run the extra heat shield that would cover that front section. I may make a heat shield for it, but it doesn't bother me enough to drop $100 on theirs

Old 06-25-2015, 11:12 AM
ShawnC213
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just installed the V&H Slip On last night. Man, what a difference in sound. Can't believe I waited this long to do something so simple.

Vonswanko,

Nice looking bike.

Old 06-25-2015, 12:36 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Got my bike from the dealer last night. Spoke to the service manager. He was still trying to lay the blame on the Breather Bolts. Keep in mind the service manager agreed that the installation instructions were not followed by the mechanic who installed them. The mechanic who installed them merely screwed them in the first time around and did not use Loctite. This is why my AC assembly was about to fall off the bike on only my third ride. I brought it back to the dealership and whoever did the work the second time not only failed again to use Loctite but over-torqued one of the bolts causing it to break in half.

I told the service manager that it was not the fault of the product. That the mechanics failed to follow instructions and the he should accept responsibility. The same mechanic who did the initial Stage 1 work on my bike also messed up installing the PV2 tuner. Instead of running the line connecting the tuner to ECM under the tank, he simply had the line running along the side of the bike and ran it into the battery cover. The cover was pinching the cord and had made a cut in it.

The service manager remembered it because the dealership wrote up an internal employee document against the mechanic. I told the service manager that I was less than impressed with the work done on my bike so far. When the dealership first released the bike to me, the mechanic had not cleared out an error code that caused the check engine light to come on. I took it in for that issue as well. Thus, I took the bike in to check the error code (which was noting but had not been cleared out) and they discovered the battery box cover cutting into the PV2 line. Took it back in again when the AC was about to fall off. Took it in for the 1000 mile service and got a call regarding the broken breather bolt.

The only good work done (installing the quarter-fairing and superbrace) was done by a much more seasoned mechanic. I was at the dealership when this work was done and I saw the more seasoned mechanic open the boxes, lay out all the parts, and read the instructions.

All of this has motivated me to do as much of my own work as I can in the future. I will also continue to look for a sold indie shop.

Last edited by Ikelove; 06-25-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:16 PM
Super08
Supporter
Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

I picked up my new Tallboy seat today. I see to put the seat strap on I will have to move the anchor bolt back one hole in the fender ,so for now I just put it on without the strap as I was short on time due to being on 12 hour night shifts right now. I might even leave it like that. When you think about it it never gets used anyway.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:36 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 757 Likes on 523 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Sorry to hear about that, what a fiasco.

For the most part, that's the way the world is headed, straight in the crapper.

For as much as you can, you gotta do it yourself, far too many can't be depended on anymore.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider