Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 01:32 PM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
I spent a year researching what exhaust to get for my LR. I watched 1000s of videos. I ended up going with the V&H Big Shots. They had that nice deep rumble that sounds so good. I posted a video from youtube of a Wide Glide that had them.
The picture looks like the V&H Big Radius...

Old 06-18-2015, 03:15 PM
98acrsilver
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im tired of seeing the limp dick lookin radius pipes people putting them on everything

Old 06-18-2015, 06:11 PM
Super08
Supporter
Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

I picked up my bike on Tuesday. It is a 2014 that was a demo or something at the dealership. Only had 2270 kms on it or roughly 1400 miles. It saved me over 3K vs buying a new one. It came with the factory warranty. I added a windscreen and detachable bags to it. Having a blast riding around town for now. This is my first Harley and also my first bike in 26 years. The biggest I owned in the past was a 1978 Kawasaki 650. Because it had been so long I was a bit nervous before my first ride but it came back real quick. The only thing that I have to make a conscious effort with is the RH signal. It feels so unnatural to use my right thumb. I also had to adjust the rear brake pedal as it was too low as many have mentioned in this thread.

Last edited by Super08; 06-18-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:35 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,298 Likes on 1,703 Posts

Originally Posted by Super08
I picked up my bike on Tuesday. It is a 2014 that was a demo or something at the dealership. Only had 2270 kms on it or roughly 1400 miles. It saved me over 3K vs buying a new one. It came with the factory warranty. I added a windscreen and detachable bags to it. Having a blast riding around town for now. This is my first Harley and also my first bike in 26 years. The biggest I owned in the past was a 1978 Kawasaki 650. Because it had been so long I was a bit nervous before my first ride but it came back real quick. The only thing that I have to make a conscious effort with is the RH signal. It feels so unnatural to use my right thumb. I also had to adjust the rear brake pedal as it was too low as many have mentioned in this thread.

Congrats and enjoy your new ride.

Old 06-18-2015, 06:38 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Twospot
The picture looks like the V&H Big Radius...
The bike in the picture you posted is the BR. At first I was going to get the BR for my bike. However, I ended up going with the Big Shots. I thought the BS sounded better.

Old 06-18-2015, 06:45 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Super08

Congrads on getting a sweet LR at a good price. You will get use to the turn signal. I spent 36 years on Metric bikes and I got use to the separate turn signals within a day.

What Stage 1 plans do you have?

Old 06-18-2015, 06:53 PM
Super08
Supporter
Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Congrads on getting a sweet LR at a good price. You will get use to the turn signal. I spent 36 years on Metric bikes and I got use to the separate turn signals within a day.

What Stage 1 plans do you have?
None as of now. I am waiting to see if my wife will enjoy it or not and if she does I will probably pick up a Corbin seat. I also want to get a sissy bar and back rest. It will be a little while before I spend anymore on it so I can let my funds build up again.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:12 PM
Pitchfork
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98acrsilver
im tired of seeing the limp dick lookin radius pipes people putting them on everything
Then don't look at em.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:26 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by Pitchfork
MCChad That black Primary looks great. How much did that run you? I really want to do that to mine as well. I'll be playing with some plasti dip as soon as it arrives. Looking forward to getting rid of the chrome on the battery box and the triple trees. Might do the eyelid and light. I haven't pout the bars on yet. I will probably give that a go. Been insanely busy since i got home. I haven't rode her nearly as much as i wanted to. It should drop out of the 90's later this evening and i'll give her a good run to Auto tune it.
The primary was $260 and the shop that did it charged me $100 for the install. I was ready to do it myself, but I live in a condo and my shop is basically a garage spot, which really sucks to do work in, so I had them install it. That and a few incidental parts - gaskets and some oil came to about 400.

Old 06-19-2015, 05:26 AM
gjasr1960
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default primary chain adjustment at 1k and steering head bearing

I did all the fluid changes and checked for loose bolts at around 1k. The only thing I found were loose handgrip bolts. Did any of you folks do a primary chain adjustment or not needed due to automatic chain tensioner? I'm at 2700 miles now and getting a whiring noise from the primary when down shifting coming to a stop. Never really noticed this sound as I wore a 3/4 helmet mostly since owning the bike but with the warm weather recently went to a half helmet. It also seems more pronounced when the weather is hotter. Also, does the steering head bearing get greased on this bike? I don't see a zerk like I had on my FLH.

Thx in advance.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider