Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 12:27 PM
Iron obsessed
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

[QUOTE=phil-lip;14076976]
Originally Posted by ShawnC213
Phil,

Nice looking bike. What part number(s) are you ordering for your highway pegs?

Hi Shawn,

I ordered Adjustable highway peg mounting kit P/N 49002-98. Part arrived and now fitted. Only adjustable in two positions. Not great since feet are not clear of brake and gearshift, really quite uncomfortable to use. I am going to order P/N 50763-09 to fit to them; hopefully will bring the pegs out and up a bit more. Will post pictures when done.
Regards,
Phil.
Harley makes adjusters so does kuryakyn, if you look at my bike on page 123 of this thread, you will see how nicely they move those male only pegs up 2" out of stock foot control, very comfortable...

Old 06-02-2015, 01:00 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Did you install a K&N air filter? They use red oil on the element...

Yes, it is a K&N filer. In the immortal words of Johnny Carson, "I did not know that."

Thank you. I feel much better now.

350 miles so far and I love riding this bike. Will be close 400 miles later today when I drive home from work.

Last edited by Ikelove; 06-02-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:57 PM
Pitchfork
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Looking forward to seeing the pics. Are you doing all of your own work?

Yeah me and a Buddy are doing all the work on Saturday.

@AdamM Still looking at swapping but will no for sure after i actually lay eyes on the bike and get the other mods in place. I still haven't even taken possesion of the bike yet.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:02 PM
AdamM
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Pitchfork
@AdamM Still looking at swapping but will no for sure after i actually lay eyes on the bike and get the other mods in place. I still haven't even taken possesion of the bike yet.
Okay cool, just shoot me a PM when you figure it all out. Thanks again

Old 06-02-2015, 07:11 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Pitchfork
Yeah me and a Buddy are doing all the work on Saturday.
Cool. Wish I had a buddy who lived close enough to help me with such things. I do have a good friend who is a mechanic but he lives in GA. Thus, I leave all mechanical work to the dealership.

Looking forward to the pics.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:09 PM
Peej
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

So I am closing in on 550 miles in 8 days. I have the old school one piece sissy, the windshield, V&H slip on, and some already fixed swirl marks courtesy of a paper towel used on a gas spill. The handlebars are a little off, as the bend of the right side is different than the left (they are all off like this) but the dealer adjusted them to fit me and the chrome is slightly different on the bars too. But I love this bike especially with the new exhaust upgrade! I have been meeting all kinds of people on this bike and everyone loves the green. Again, the pics don't do it justice.

With Vance & Hines Pipe

Old 06-02-2015, 10:58 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Peej
So I am closing in on 550 miles in 8 days. I have the old school one piece sissy, the windshield, V&H slip on, and some already fixed swirl marks courtesy of a paper towel used on a gas spill. The handlebars are a little off, as the bend of the right side is different than the left (they are all off like this) but the dealer adjusted them to fit me and the chrome is slightly different on the bars too. But I love this bike especially with the new exhaust upgrade! I have been meeting all kinds of people on this bike and everyone loves the green. Again, the pics don't do it justice.

With Vance & Hines Pipe
Very nice. I love the Jade Green color. Hell, I tried getting one.

Any other mods planned? Fairing or windscreen? Superbrace Fork Brace?

Old 06-03-2015, 04:26 AM
NealE
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Questions on the V&H slip-on. Much difference in sound when you went from the stock? Did you have to have it tuned? Getting different opinions before buying.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Peej

With Vance & Hines Pipe

Old 06-03-2015, 05:48 AM
Peej
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Very nice. I love the Jade Green color. Hell, I tried getting one.

Any other mods planned? Fairing or windscreen? Superbrace Fork Brace?
Of course! The first pic shows a HD windscreen that I picked off a used bike and cleaned up to look new. I told the dealer that it was adding no value to that bike and to sell it to me for cash. He threw it in as a bonus. I am looking at a fender luggage rack from Krome to go behind the sissy and that will be it for a while unless you count the back pack that I put a giant HD patch on!

Old 06-03-2015, 05:53 AM
Peej
Cruiser

Originally Posted by NealE
Questions on the V&H slip-on. Much difference in sound when you went from the stock? Did you have to have it tuned? Getting different opinions before buying.

Thanks
I put the V&H on last night in about 15 minutes tops. I ran it around a bit and it definitely has a lower growl that is noticeably louder but not too loud. It's a definite step or two over stock and took some vibration out. I have the same small backfiring that I did with the stock pipe, it just sounds cooler. Everyone I have talked to said to have it tuned at this point would just be an exercise in spending money and I have to agree. The bike runs great and it's a great sound for my purposes. If you want to go all outlaw, this is not the way to go! LOL.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider