Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 09:31 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

About to head out and get a little riding in. At 350 miles now. Just working on all the things I can do with the PV2.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:30 AM
Pitchfork
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pick my bike up on Friday. Really excited. I'll be posting plenty of pictures next weekend. Gonna do all my mods on Saturday then ride the hell out of her.

Old 05-31-2015, 01:50 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Pitchfork
Pick my bike up on Friday. Really excited. I'll be posting plenty of pictures next weekend. Gonna do all my mods on Saturday then ride the hell out of her.
Looking forward to seeing the pics. Are you doing all of your own work?

Old 05-31-2015, 02:16 PM
AdamM
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Pitchfork
Hey man, sent you a PM, not sure if you saw it. Just wanted to know if you still wanted to swap fenders or not. Just trying to figure out whats going on so I can move forward with other plans that'll be based on which fender I have. Just let me know either way, thanks!

Old 05-31-2015, 11:13 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Still no luck on selling any of take off parts (stock AC set up and exhaust). At least Mon-Wed of this upcoming week is suppose to be real nice riding weather. Love driving the LR to work.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:00 AM
phil-lip
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Peej
Phil,

Looks good! Did you shorten that pipe? It looks shorter in the latter pics. If so how did you do it? Thanks.

The pipe isn't shortened. Its an optical illusion using a wide angle camera lens for some photos! Looking at the first photo you can see that the rear right indicator is an unusual size as well. Didn't mean to mislead anyone.
Regards, Phil.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:11 AM
phil-lip
Novice

[QUOTE=ShawnC213;14064232]Phil,

Nice looking bike. What part number(s) are you ordering for your highway pegs?

Hi Shawn,

I ordered Adjustable highway peg mounting kit P/N 49002-98. Part arrived and now fitted. Only adjustable in two positions. Not great since feet are not clear of brake and gearshift, really quite uncomfortable to use. I am going to order P/N 50763-09 to fit to them; hopefully will bring the pegs out and up a bit more. Will post pictures when done.
Regards,
Phil.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:21 AM
phil-lip
Novice
Default Ride Out Today UK

Originally Posted by fleetway
Cracking ride around the Lincs Wolds, 100 miles on B & C roads, 80% of which I'd never been on before, and well over half of those single track!

Hi Fleetway,
Had a Ride-Out cross country from Cheltenham to Skegness (Lincs), 400 mile round trip on same day! Maybe our paths crossed!

Phil.

Last edited by phil-lip; 06-03-2015 at 04:02 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:16 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Took my bike to work today. Noticed a little oil misting on the battery box and breather bolts. I wiped it off. I was cleaning the air cleaner and on the bottom of the air cleaner in the 6 o'clock position there was a little pink oil like substance that wiped off. Do not believe it to me motor oil as it was pink.

What has been your experience with oil misting?

I've read horror stories about those that over-fill with oil and it gushing out. I knew about this before I bought the bike. The oil misting I am experiencing is very mild. However, I do not know what the pink lubricant is that I wiped up from the A/C.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:20 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Took my bike to work today. Noticed a little oil misting on the battery box and breather bolts. I wiped it off. I was cleaning the air cleaner and on the bottom of the air cleaner in the 6 o'clock position there was a little pink oil like substance that wiped off. Do not believe it to me motor oil as it was pink.

What has been your experience with oil misting?

I've read horror stories about those that over-fill with oil and it gushing out. I knew about this before I bought the bike. The oil misting I am experiencing is very mild. However, I do not know what the pink lubricant is that I wiped up from the A/C.

Did you install a K&N air filter? They use red oil on the element...

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider