Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 06:22 AM
saddlebag
Tourer
Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by cromagnon
I rode one last week. If you have been riding a touring series bike like me, you probably won't like it. Not real comfortable for long trips but a great round town bar hopper.
A friend and I demo'd a few Harleys a few weeks back. He rides a Goldwing and really liked the Street Glide. He also rode the Low Rider after me and wondered WTH I was thinking. He didn't like the seat, the rear brake position, or the windblast. I'm with him on the first two, but I took my Air Hawk with me, so that seat was just like any other.

I happen to like the open air feel in warmer weather. It can be a bit much at highway speeds, but everyone who tries these seems to love them:

https://www.mrashop.de/erp/catalog/n...0%2C0%29&spr=D

They take the windblast off your chest while still providing that "in the wind" sensation that gets lost behind massive plastic infotainment enclosures.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:32 AM
Iron obsessed
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by saddlebag
A friend and I demo'd a few Harleys a few weeks back. He rides a Goldwing and really liked the Street Glide. He also rode the Low Rider after me and wondered WTH I was thinking. He didn't like the seat, the rear brake position, or the windblast. I'm with him on the first two, but I took my Air Hawk with me, so that seat was just like any other.

I happen to like the open air feel in warmer weather. It can be a bit much at highway speeds, but everyone who tries these seems to love them:

https://www.mrashop.de/erp/catalog/n...0%2C0%29&spr=D

They take the windblast off your chest while still providing that "in the wind" sensation that gets lost behind massive plastic infotainment enclosures.
The guys at twisted throttle said they can't guaranty fitment of this screen due to the low riders chrome eyebrow, I went w the stock Harley 14", looks good, took pressure off chest, no helmet buffeting, plenty of fresh air, I'm 5'-8"

Old 06-18-2014, 01:15 PM
2>4
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed a rigid mount sissy bar today. I used the low upright with square bars. I also installed the square bar tapered luggage rack. I think the bike looks great with the sissy bar installed. My HD backpack fits great on the luggage rack too. Form and function together! FYI, the rigid side plates were difficult to install. I bought a 1/2'' ratcheting wrench to remove the rear turn signals. That helped a lot. Sorry about the poor picture, that's all I had time for today.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:23 PM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,748 Likes on 829 Posts

Originally Posted by 2>4
I just installed a rigid mount sissy bar today. I used the low upright with square bars. I also installed the square bar tapered luggage rack. I think the bike looks great with the sissy bar installed. My HD backpack fits great on the luggage rack too. Form and function together! FYI, the rigid side plates were difficult to install. I bought a 1/2'' ratcheting wrench to remove the rear turn signals. That helped a lot. Sorry about the poor picture, that's all I had time for today.
I wasted money on the removable luggage rack and mounting hardware. Have never removed the rack. It does look good on the LR

Old 06-18-2014, 01:30 PM
pab3rd
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 220 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by 2>4
Nice; looks good.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:30 PM
saddlebag
Tourer

Originally Posted by 2>4
Looks great.

Coincidently, it struck me what these bikes are missing. Raised white lettering on the tires.

http://www.dudeworld.com.au/images/L2.jpg

Old 06-18-2014, 02:32 PM
pab3rd
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 220 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by saddlebag
Looks great.

Coincidently, it struck me what these bikes are missing. Raised white lettering on the tires.

http://www.dudeworld.com.au/images/L2.jpg
Don't think I will go that route. But hey, if you like it, go for it.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:52 PM
saddlebag
Tourer

Originally Posted by pab3rd
Don't think I will go that route. But hey, if you like it, go for it.
Yeah, I can see why Harley didn't do it. Highlighting the French corporation that makes those tires, really doesn't jive with their all American theme, even if it was period correct for the design.

But if they got the blimp maker back in the game...

Old 06-18-2014, 06:24 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,906 Likes on 4,011 Posts

Good information on the wind protection. I am going to do the Stage 1 and put some sort of 1/4 fairing or 14' windscreen on. Need some wind protection.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:04 PM
2>4
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone else have a lot of squeaking coming from there rear shocks? I weigh 185 lbs and have set them up according to my weight. I feel like they work well, just noisy. Another thing, anyone else feel like they have to push the front of there foot down too far when applying the rear brake? I think there is a little room for adjustment but not much.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider