Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 07:51 AM
petefwa
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by JefFLH
True, but most will do the bare minimum to say the service was performed. Chances of finding that kind of tech at a dealer are pretty low. They're not out to do anything extra.
The service guys are doing it all the time, they know what needs looking at carefully and what doesn't. They have access to factory service bulletins and have been to service schools to learn about what they're working on which owners don't get to do.... lt's nearly $400 bucks here in Western Australia, bloody expensive l know, but it's not a service l'd do myself..... Dunno what it's like elsewhere, but getting to know the service manager has got me a lot of free advice too...

Old 06-16-2014, 12:35 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,906 Likes on 4,011 Posts

Motorcyclist has a little review of the Low Rider online that I just saw today:

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/fi...er_first_ride/

My desire for this bike is only getting stronger and stronger.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:48 PM
Heli-Tim
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Motorcyclist has a little review of the Low Rider online that I just saw today:

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/fi...er_first_ride/

My desire for this bike is only getting stronger and stronger.

Good read, and I agree. I think this bike is just beautiful . I don't care if it takes a spinal implant©(patent pending) , I need it.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:58 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I rode one last week. If you have been riding a touring series bike like me, you probably won't like it. Not real comfortable for long trips but a great round town bar hopper.

Old 06-16-2014, 03:39 PM
Heli-Tim
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty much looking to go for short rides. Maybe if I can condition my back/abs, someday I will be able to do longer trips. For now I'm just looking to ride period!

Old 06-16-2014, 04:49 PM
JefFLH
Road Captain
Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by cromagnon
I rode one last week. If you have been riding a touring series bike like me, you probably won't like it. Not real comfortable for long trips but a great round town bar hopper.
Right off the showroom floor, I agree. I have been on touring since '85 and with proper execution, you can get it pretty darn close. Foot boards with forward controls, a Mustang seat, and touring air shocks and mine is riding pretty smooth. The extra weight of the touring bike I believe adds a little smoothness to the ride, but you can really make these comfortable if you want.

Old 06-16-2014, 04:57 PM
Jimbo33
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Low Rider goes in for the 1000mi service in a week. I have read so much negative about dealer costs that I investigated the costs at the local dealers before I bought. The 1000mi service here in upstate NY is $214 or $234 with Syn3. To me that is ridiculously cheap. I am used to the closer to $500 that my last metric cost at 600mi. That is well worth the cost of an experienced Harley mechanic having a look at the bike.

I know trust in the local dealership can be hard. I have a very strong distrust for any service that I don't see. In the past I have been had by car dealerships where I have paid for service and inspections that were not done leading to component failure soon afterward. That said, motorcycle dealerships around here are vastly different from car dealerships. I bought from a local Harley only dealer that is owned by the daughter of the founder and everyone in there is a riding enthusiast. My experience in dealing with them has been up front and accommodating. At this point, if they say they are going to go thru a list of bolts to re-torque, lubrication points and actually put in synthetic oil even though I am not watching, I will trust them.

By the way, The bike in jefFLH's post above has exactly the same saddle bags the dealer will install at this service. I like the looks and the pictures in his post help convince me they were the right ones.

Last edited by Jimbo33; 06-16-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:56 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

For my purposes, the Low Rider is the perfect bike. I do not tour and do not plan on taking it up anytime soon. My longest ride in a day might be a 100 miles. I commute to work, which is 42 miles each way.

Neither Victory, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Yamaha make anything directly comparable to the Low Rider.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:04 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

I hope HD offers more paint choices for the 2015 LRs.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:56 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,684 Likes on 2,119 Posts

My dad bought one last month, I test rode it, big mistake as now I really want one.
Current ride is a 2000 BMW R1100RT, but at 5'7"is hard to touch flat footed, and on the low rider my legs are not so bent back and I love the torque on the 103 engine and it handles great for a cruiser. Would have never considered buying one would it not have had dual front brakes which is a necessity on a bike that heavy. Would have to install a windshield for sure, and a different seat as my wife would not last long on the stock passenger seat. Have wanted a HD for a long time and I think this is the one for me.

The following users liked this post:
SS Twin (04-11-2020)

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider