Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 08:01 AM
fxrnutt
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by My2Harleys
I paid $158 should get this week. I have those throw over bags. Where did you tie the bottom cord too? Did to tie them together (if you have both sides), to a part of bike or just letting them hang?
mine bolts to the battery cover. ...I'd go under with those and tie together

Old 05-04-2015, 10:25 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Any new LR owners out there? Always interested in hearing about your bikes.

My Superbrace comes tomorrow. My LR is suppose to be delivered on Thurs.

Pictures to come very soon.

Old 05-05-2015, 04:52 AM
Pitchfork
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ike are you wrenching all the mods yourself or are you having the dealer do it?

Just wondering if we're going to get some before and after pics man. I'm real curious to see because we have the same bike and a few of the same mods.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:20 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Pitchfork
Ike are you wrenching all the mods yourself or are you having the dealer do it?

Just wondering if we're going to get some before and after pics man. I'm real curious to see because we have the same bike and a few of the same mods.
Part of my deal is that the dealership is going to install the parts. I am not a mechanic and do not have the time, patience or skill to install the parts. I wish I did.

There will be before and after pics. I plan to take some before pics this Thurs and the some after pics once everything is put on.

Old 05-05-2015, 06:03 PM
Pitchfork
Intermediate

Right on man, Looking forward to seeing it. Probably not as much as you are.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:48 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Pitchfork
Right on man, Looking forward to seeing it. Probably not as much as you are.
I had no idea that it would take anywhere near this long to get the bike. I wish the salesman I have been dealing with would have told me back in mid-March when I first talked to him that if I wanted one in Amber Whiskey or Jade Green I would have to order one.

My past experience with getting 9 previous motorcycles was that you went to the dealership, worked out a deal, and drove it home that day. I was real close to coming to a deal on a leftover 2014 only to discover that at the very moment I was working on the deal at the dealership another guy was in another office putting his deposit down.

My Superbrace came today. Now all I need is for the HD 1/4 fairing to arrive.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:17 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,676 Likes on 2,116 Posts

I remember reading some new LR owners replacing shocks, I am thinking on going 1/2 in longer than stock. am curious to know what others used and how you like them?

Old 05-06-2015, 12:52 AM
jondle1
Intermediate

I picked this 2015 up 2 weeks ago . Traded my 2013 FXDWG in on it . I like it a lot more .

I put a Conely's T-sport fairing on it and picked up a SAn Diego Customs bar bag .

I only put 250 miles on it so far . Going to change the bars out next

Old 05-06-2015, 06:26 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
I had no idea that it would take anywhere near this long to get the bike. I wish the salesman I have been dealing with would have told me back in mid-March when I first talked to him that if I wanted one in Amber Whiskey or Jade Green I would have to order one.

My past experience with getting 9 previous motorcycles was that you went to the dealership, worked out a deal, and drove it home that day. I was real close to coming to a deal on a leftover 2014 only to discover that at the very moment I was working on the deal at the dealership another guy was in another office putting his deposit down.

My Superbrace came today. Now all I need is for the HD 1/4 fairing to arrive.
I would say you were lucky your 9 previous times. The previous 3 new bikes I bought all had a wait, ranging from 1-3 weeks. My LR happened to be on the showroom floor, exactly as I wanted it, so that rode home. However waiting for a specific bike isn't unusual at all. Don't complain about it. You wanted a specific bike, and a specific deal, and you got it. A wait is part of the game. You said yourself you could have road home from a couple other dealers, but the deal wasn't right. You could have paid a few dollars more and had a bike a couple weeks sooner. Nothing wrong with waiting for one.

Don't worry, your bike will arrive and you'll be in "hog heaven" soon enough! (I know, not soon enough!)

Old 05-06-2015, 07:22 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by jondle1
I picked this 2015 up 2 weeks ago . Traded my 2013 FXDWG in on it . I like it a lot more .

I put a Conely's T-sport fairing on it and picked up a SAn Diego Customs bar bag .

I only put 250 miles on it so far . Going to change the bars out next
Good to hear from you and welcome to the thread. Look forward to hearing about what you do to your LR.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider