Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 02:42 PM
Heli-Tim
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pab3rd
Nice ride frontporchblues, and like the fairing. Looks good
Agreed, I love this look!

Old 06-13-2014, 06:43 PM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 206 Likes on 171 Posts

The bike is light to pick up compared to say the breakout do to the tire size! If that helps

Old 06-13-2014, 07:02 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,906 Likes on 4,011 Posts

"To the Low Rider owners: How hard is it to get the low rider "upright" from the kickstand position(say in comparison to a dyna glide)? (I'm not a puss, I have a spinal injury...and I'm a bit of a puss, haha)" Heli-Tim

I had no problem at all. At first, I was a little worried about the greater weight of cruisers over my current ride:

All of my bikes for the last 20+ years have all been lightweight sport bikes. My current bike is under 400 lbs wet. I had no problem with the Low Rider.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:47 AM
petefwa
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by bullpupp12
if my understanding of this is correct, the backing plate is different in the kit with all the other goodies and allows more air in. i hope i got this right.
Originally Posted by Heli-Tim
Hi, I've kind of asked this question as part of another thread, but thought that I might get more information here...

To the Low Rider owners: How hard is it to get the low rider "upright" from the kickstand position(say in comparison to a dyna glide)? (I'm not a puss, I have a spinal injury...and I'm a bit of a puss, haha)

Thanks for any input.
It doesn't really feel any different to my old Super Glide....

Old 06-14-2014, 09:06 AM
Dobietrainer
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think you will have any problems. I find due to the low cg and low seat height it is easy to get off the stand. It's a lot more secure than my previous bike, 2010 Triumph Scrambler, which had a high cg and high seat height but weighed less.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:21 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,906 Likes on 4,011 Posts

+ 1 Dobietrainer. The low center of gravity makes it easy. I was worried about the weight of cruisers when I first tried a few at two different HD Demo Day events. For a cruiser, the Low Rider is a relative lightweight.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:01 AM
Heli-Tim
Novice

Thanks for the input guys. I really appreciate how easy it is to get some straight foward answers around here

Originally Posted by Ikelove
+ 1 Dobietrainer. The low center of gravity makes it easy. I was worried about the weight of cruisers when I first tried a few at two different HD Demo Day events. For a cruiser, the Low Rider is a relative lightweight.
That's basically the boat I am in now... I've tried Fatboys, Soft-tails, Dyna's, Sportsters, etc. and found them all too "top heavy to get off of the kickstand without straining my back(I can get them off the stand and upright, but wouldn't want to do it often.

I sat on a custom 1991 HD soft-tail that was lowered (not sure how much), and this was significantly easier to get off of the kick-stand then the regular bikes. I'm not sure what else was modified on the bike though. I currently have my heart set on the Low Rider, but I'm keeping an open mind (giving preference to the best HD for my back). Oddly enough(or at least for my expectations), the 2005 Sportster 1200 I sat on was the most difficult bike to get upright!

Old 06-14-2014, 11:04 AM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member

They are all heavy (cruisers) if they get to far over! Even your bike is hard to stop if it gets over far enough! I feel the lowrider would be as easy to ride with back problems as the sport bike! I know the lowrider is better for me then my hayabusa was to run around town on! They make a stand extender for most bikes!

Last edited by 5150northrider; 06-14-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Heli-Tim
Novice

Originally Posted by 5150northrider
They are all heavy (cruisers) if they get to far over! Even your bike is hard to stop if it gets over far enough! I feel the lowrider would be as easy to ride with back problems as the sport bike! I know the lowrider is better for me then my hayabusa was to run around town on! They make a stand extender for most bikes!
I`ll have to look into the stand extender, might be a good option to look at. I think that the extra leg leverage of the low riders seat position may be a big help for me too though. On the other side, I'm 6'. So I'm at the upper limit of who the low rider is designed for. Won't know for sure until I can sit on one I guess! Thanks for the feedback either way!

Old 06-14-2014, 11:23 PM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm 6' 1" for what its worth and I love my lowrider

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider