Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob or Nightster?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 10:04 PM
deuceroadster
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Bob or Nightster?

Boy, I know I'm gonna here it for asking this!! I thought I was all ready to buy my street bob but I keep going back and looking at the nightster. What the he**?

So I need all you "experienced" harley owners to tell me why the Street Bob is the way to go. I'm referring to things that may not be obvious to the novice.

Thanks and be kind

Old 03-30-2007, 10:13 PM
rodnreel
Advanced
Default RE: Street Bob or Nightster?

I personally don't think you can go wrong either way. I love my SB, and would buy it all over again. But the nightster really caught my eye when I saw it. It's very cool!

glide05
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you sat on the Nightster? I have.
Not sure who it's designed for - but it is extremely small and cramped.
Other than that - it looks pretty cool - except that gap getween the seat and tank??? I don't get that one.

Buy a Bob - you'll be happier when the novelty of the new bike wears off.

dragonfiregirl
Cruiser

well im a novice myself but i can tell you what a genuine hard core biker told me. this guy rode with the outlaws, has spent a few years behind bars all that. even though he scares me he seems to know more about harleys than anyone so i have sought out his advice on things. he says the street bob is infinitly superior to the sportster. he compares to a modern, advanced form of the panhead. he recomended the bob to me over a sportster but im not sure i can afford the bob right now. i love the nightster to. may end up getting one.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:18 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Don't pay any attention to it.......it's just your testosterone forcing you towards the Nightster and away from the Streetbobby.....sooner or later it will wear off and you will be ready for a Bob...

[IMG]local://upfiles/8030/8D8D9D7287944647AC79A6DD66233007.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-30-2007, 10:18 PM
deuceroadster
Cruiser

Someone else told me and I quote "buy the bike you WANT, because if you don't you'll always wish you did." I guess when I really look at the two of them, the Street Bob has more long term potential. I haven't sat on a Nightster yet either, maybe that will make a big difference for me.

Thanks for the input.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:20 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: glide05

Buy a Bob - you'll be happier when the novelty of the new bike wears off.
Heh, heh that's what I keep saying about the Robert riders.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:44 PM
markrumsfield
Tourer

I had a rubbermount Sporty for 3 years, sold it and just bought a Street Bob. Both great bikes. I dont miss the Sporty as much as I thought I would. My vote is for the Street Bob, but that is just me, you really gotta rent a Sportster and a Dyna for a day and you will Know for sure. They both handle great, but each has a completely different feel. I sat on a Nightster and it did feel pretty small even compared to my Sportster Custom, that may be good or bad depending on your size...

Old 03-31-2007, 12:11 AM
007dyna
Advanced

Sportster owners (and I used to be one) will always suffer from the "girl's bike" or "half a bike" complex. Don't buy the sporty. Buy the real deal, big boy 96 inch bike. You'll be glad you did. Not to mention the long-distance capability.

Old 03-31-2007, 12:22 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

I can't speak too much about the nightster. It looks cool. I can tell you this. The Bob is such a classic ride. It is more agile and balanced than any HD I have ever been on. I love every minute I am on it. Most people that have one swear by it. I highly recommend it. I have had a couple of fatboys, a heritage softail and rode many others. I loved something about all of them, but the Bob just "fit" if you know what I mean. Now consider body type though. I am about 5" 11" and about 180. The Bob feels like it is custom made for me. In this case, size does matter!!

Quick Reply: Street Bob or Nightster?