Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob or Nightster?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 11:48 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Street Bob or Nightster?

ORIGINAL: Alaska Bobber

I have a Sporty and a Streetbob in my garage. Both are great bikes. Sporty is faster off the line for about 200 feet or so. Dyna eats the sporty alive on the highway.

Sporty has way more lean angle so you can corner like a raped ape on it. Roberto pulls a lot harder out of the corners.

Sporty is NOT a "half a bike". Anyone who say's that needs to ride harder. My little bro has a Lightning powered sporty that will blow your socks off.

Barhopping, Tight fast corners and stop and go traffic. I like my sporty.

Open road cruising, longer rides and more relaxed ride. My Roberto fits the bill.

I have 7k miles on my sporty and 5300 miles on my bob and I ride the bob about 90% of the time.
Well Alaska, It also depends what you do the the engine. There aint a sporty out there the I can't eat alive. (Sorry, just braging a little bit)[sm=guilty.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=pcwhack.gif]

Old 03-31-2007, 11:53 AM
thrillseeker
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as much as an "anti bob" WG rider that I am.... I would still take any Dyna over any Sporty.
Not that I have anything against the sporty - I'm just too big for them.

Old 03-31-2007, 12:13 PM
risdo
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I was six inches shorter, I'd trade my SG for that Nightster today. I love it that much.

But... alas, I'm just too blasted tall... [:@]

Old 03-31-2007, 06:42 PM
Dirtrace95
Cruiser

I have two Sporty's and a "Bob" I love the Sportster chasin around town and on real short trips. When it comes to gettin down the road on the comfy fast side the Bob wins hands down.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:38 AM
Alaska Bobber
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: DenimStreet

Well Alaska, It also depends what you do the the engine. There aint a sporty out there the I can't eat alive. (Sorry, just braging a little bit)[sm=guilty.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=pcwhack.gif]
With only 105 hp and 100 tq you would have a real hard time with the little bro's sporty. But I totally understand what your getting at. Hell you could build a bagger that could take either one with enough $$$....lol.

Old 04-01-2007, 01:44 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Alaska Bobber

ORIGINAL: DenimStreet

With only 105 hp and 100 tq you would have a real hard time with the little bro's sporty. But I totally understand what your getting at. Hell you could build a bagger that could take either one with enough $$$....lol.
Huh? Only?! You're kidding right?! They are only about 60-65 Hp stock. I have a 1550.

Come on, really. tell me you're kidding![sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 04-01-2007, 03:39 AM
jharp
Tourer

Ride both of them before you make a decision. One ride will let you know.

Jim

Old 04-01-2007, 08:30 AM
02FXDCustom
Cruiser

If money is no obect then get the Bob for God's sake! Do not, I repeat do not, get a Sportster, period. You will out grow it in a year or so and be looking to move up. Then your stuck with a bike that no one wants to buy and the dealer will give you about 50% of what you paid for it on trade. Trust me on this! Why do you think there are so many for sale? I 100% guarantee you will get rid of it within 2 years, so why bother? Go with the Bob, you'll keep it for life.

BTW - I don't care if anyone thinks a Sportster is a "chick bike", that does not factor into the advice I gave you. Who gives a $hit what others think? Your opinion is what matters most, and believe me after a year or so you will be looking to get a bigger bike.

Old 04-01-2007, 09:36 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

a no brainer.. BOB .

Old 04-01-2007, 09:37 AM
Oldtimer of NM
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ride both and buy what feels right to you. Sportsters and big twins are as different as day and night and some folks are 'morning people' and some are not. If you buy on looks alone, it could very well turn out that you will spend a lot more time admiring your bike than riding it.

Quick Reply: Street Bob or Nightster?