Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody have one of these fairings?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014 | 09:44 PM
kevin_s
|
Cruiser
Default Anybody have one of these fairings?

Just wondering if anybody has any info on this fairing,good or bad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221447407176...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Old 05-24-2014 | 10:35 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master

I'm not sure about that fairing, but about 2 months ago I painted and installed a fairing for a guy who said he found it on Ebay and it came from a company in Texas. The fairing was rough and needed some filling in places, and trimming to get inner and outer to fit together correctly. Plus it came with no antennae or any other wiring, hardware. If you plan to do the install yourself, be prepared for some work to get it right. If you plan to get someone else to do it then be prepared to spend some coin to get it right. It may be cheaper to buy a better quality fairing, that comes complete.

Old 05-24-2014 | 11:09 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Ndfastln
I'm not sure about that fairing, but about 2 months ago I painted and installed a fairing for a guy who said he found it on Ebay and it came from a company in Texas. The fairing was rough and needed some filling in places, and trimming to get inner and outer to fit together correctly. Plus it came with no antennae or any other wiring, hardware. If you plan to do the install yourself, be prepared for some work to get it right. If you plan to get someone else to do it then be prepared to spend some coin to get it right. It may be cheaper to buy a better quality fairing, that comes complete.
Agree 100% with what NdfastIn posted, after you buy speakers , deck and internal antennae, would be better off with a complete batwing, 1 year ago these went for 200.00, I installed one with the 4 five inch speakers, i had to prefit the deck and speaker and trim the openings

Lastly that batwing you are looking at is for 5.25 headlights, primer not gel coated

Old 05-24-2014 | 11:10 PM
kevin_s
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ndfastln
I'm sure it's the same company,pretty much what I was thinking too.
Thanks for the info.

Old 05-24-2014 | 11:23 PM
kevin_s
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Robtarra39
Agree 100% with what NdfastIn posted, after you buy speakers , deck and internal antennae, would be better off with a complete batwing, 1 year ago these went for 200.00, I installed one with the 4 five inch speakers, i had to prefit the deck and speaker and trim the openings

Lastly that batwing you are looking at is for 5.25 headlights, primer not gel coated
I don't want the ones that come with speakers and stereo already installed because most of the speakers are garbage.I was just planing on using two JL marine 6.5 speakers hooked to a JL marine amplifier and bluetoothed to my Iphone.
I was thinking of painting it to match my tins too.I own a marine restoration business so I got that covered.