Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Super Glide
37.50%
Wide Glide
62.50%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Super Glide or Wide Glide ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 12:22 AM
007dyna
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Super Glide or Wide Glide ?

Superglide is all the bike for less $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I love mySUPERGLIDE and would not change it for the WG

Old 03-31-2007, 12:29 AM
timdow
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Money no object? WG 98.247 times out of 100.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:01 PM
2000fxdwg
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: wideglidebob

sg looks like a sporty
Like a sporty on steroids.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:04 PM
2000fxdwg
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: 98fxd

i have a superglide and i am in the process of trying to get my hands on a wide glide. i love my super, the new ones are even better, but there are a few things i like better on the wide. i really like the wide front end. the new supers have wider front ends and thicker tubes than my 98 does, which looks nicer, but the full width forks look right to me. i like the wider tank with the controls on it, i like21" wheel, and finish of the wide glides. only thing i can live without is the botail fender... which btw i would want to trade for a super/low/bob fender if i get this thing (if anyone is interested
No way man, the bobtail fender is unique and gives it that cool retro look.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:18 PM
2000fxdwg
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: dynageezer

Isn't the more pertinent question "would you rather have a WG or a SG and $4400?"
I rarther have the Wide Glide since it's done. In my case, I would have to spend a lot more than 4400 in chrome with wrinkle black, speedo on tank, rake and wide front end, bigger front wheel, fender, etc.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Naz_Man
Outstanding HDF Member

I voted WG! I have a SG but should have got me a WG!

Old 04-02-2007, 06:13 PM
glide05
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: 2000fxdwg

If somebody gave you two options at no cost to you and without taking into consideration the value...what would you choose?
I guess I don't completely understand the question. If value (cost) is not to be considered, then what should be considered? Looks? Performance?
I personally like the stretched look of the WG, but having ridden both, I much prefer the ride of the SG. Both of my reference bikes were before the 49mm front ends so I might have a different opinion with the 06+ models. I like the speedo placement of the WG, but I hate the bob fender. Just goes to show how different people have different (and strong) feelings about style. A previous post in this thread mentioned how much he liked the WG bob fender and the deuce fender. Personally I think those are the ugliest 2 fenders in the entire Harley lineup - so - to each his own - that's why they make more than one model.

When I bought my 05, the WG in stock was $6K more than my SG, $18K vs. $12K. I don't see how this can be left out of the equation for preference? For $6K I saw forwards, more rake, spokes. That's pretty much it. By that I mean that's all I SAW. Everyone sees something different. I know there's a bunch of chrome covers, etc, but most of that added no value to me. I have made some mods to my SG including front end, but most of those I would have made to an 05 WG as well.

Old 04-02-2007, 06:39 PM
DougsDyna
Banned

ORIGINAL: HOGRIDA_06

I'd have to take the Super. The Wide Glide front end does nothing for me. I'm also not a big fan of the fender.
Same here, although the Wides are beautiful.
Now if you asked Street Glide or Super Glide, I would really have to think real hard about it.

Always thought I wanted a Bob............. 'til I met a Sally.

DougJ (not Bob)

Old 04-02-2007, 08:22 PM
99superglide
Tourer

I think I would take the WG unless that SG is a "07 SE Dyna Superglide. (Please don't tell my bike I said that.)

Old 04-03-2007, 08:01 AM
2000fxdwg
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: glide05

ORIGINAL: 2000fxdwg

If somebody gave you two options at no cost to you and without taking into consideration the value...what would you choose?
I guess I don't completely understand the question. If value (cost) is not to be considered, then what should be considered? Looks? Performance?
I personally like the stretched look of the WG, but having ridden both, I much prefer the ride of the SG. Both of my reference bikes were before the 49mm front ends so I might have a different opinion with the 06+ models. I like the speedo placement of the WG, but I hate the bob fender. Just goes to show how different people have different (and strong) feelings about style. A previous post in this thread mentioned how much he liked the WG bob fender and the deuce fender. Personally I think those are the ugliest 2 fenders in the entire Harley lineup - so - to each his own - that's why they make more than one model.

When I bought my 05, the WG in stock was $6K more than my SG, $18K vs. $12K. I don't see how this can be left out of the equation for preference? For $6K I saw forwards, more rake, spokes. That's pretty much it. By that I mean that's all I SAW. Everyone sees something different. I know there's a bunch of chrome covers, etc, but most of that added no value to me. I have made some mods to my SG including front end, but most of those I would have made to an 05 WG as well.

It's a very simple question. If you went to the dealer and you were the lucky number 69 customer that walked through the doors and they said you have two choices: WG or SG...which on would you take...taking into consideration that you don't plan on reselling it.

Quick Reply: Super Glide or Wide Glide ?