Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New scrapes and new pipes

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 03:31 PM
jt1965
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New scrapes and new pipes

I have been away from the site for awhile. I have a new job assignment and am force to actually work now. I the past month I have made some mods to the bike some bad some not. For the bad I was leaving a parking lot after lunch having rode to work on one of the first over 40 deg days and when I stopped at the sign I was unable to support the bike with either foot and the front wheel came out from under me. It seems the black cinders the city used for traction on snow and ice had accumulated here and they were abou 1/2 inch deep no traction and the real slow speed caused my baby to drop like a rock. I got her up real quick and other than my pride there was only a small scrape on the rear turn signal the pipes and the brake pedal.

Now for the good I ordered my new pipes V&H BSS and installed them with the wifes help and total time to do this wa 1/1/2 hours including removing the old ones and changing the sparkplugs. They sound awesome. I am setting off car alarms all over town. I have not installed a PCIII yet as I am waiting on a check to arrive and will then install the new air cleaner and PCIII.

I have rode abot 250 miles so far with the pipes and the plugs are tan-colored so they are not too lean. I will try the PCIII when I get my funds and may get it dynoed at Doc's in St.louis they charge $290.00