Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Polyurethane Motor Mounts for Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014 | 06:18 PM
FXDLXSD619
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by kp877
I thought you didn't work for them? How come you only have ten posts and they are all advertising these mounts? Where's the users running them? Why don't you send some out for members to test and report back on? There's plenty on here in need of new mounts
I don't work for them but I have them. Just getting the word out that there are other options and solutions to inferior stock mounts.

Last edited by FXDLXSD619; 05-07-2014 at 06:20 PM. Reason: edit
Old 05-07-2014 | 06:22 PM
br549A1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by FXDLXSD619
I don't work for them but I have them. Just getting the word out that there are other options and solutions to inferior stock mounts.
Great post up some pics or videos mounted on your bike. I'd love to see how they work! I just bought a new rear mount but I can put it on eBay if I see it's worth it and buy a rear. I'm not changing the front from the Vibra-Technics though.

Here's my mount soaking up a lot of vibrations.

Last edited by br549A1; 05-11-2014 at 06:26 AM.
Old 05-11-2014 | 09:16 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by FXDLXSD619

Are they? IMO the original glide pro is not much better than new stock bushing in a bagger.. They don't control lateral forces.. Put an indicator on the swingarm pivot shaft and use a pry bar between the swingarm and the frame.. The force to deflect the swingarm is less with glide-pro.. Anyway the issues to fix the bagger frames is more complex than the dyna..

In the case of the dyna, making a mount that uses solid urethane seems like it would produce excessive vibrations while minimally controlling side forces.. I know that Ore likes to experiment with casting different durometer urethanes to try and come up with something that works but IMO using elastics to control side forces doesn't work. Better to use an incompressible, low coefficient of friction, high tensile strength plastic to control side forces then use a urethane to control forces in the vertical plane..

Last edited by Max Headflow; 05-11-2014 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Spelled Jake's last name wrong.
Old 05-11-2014 | 11:51 AM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior

i emailed glide pro about availability, no response

Old 05-11-2014 | 12:04 PM
Racqueteer9
Road Captain

Originally Posted by kp877
I thought you didn't work for them? How come you only have ten posts and they are all advertising these mounts? Where's the users running them? Why don't you send some out for members to test and report back on? There's plenty on here in need of new mounts
, BUSTED!

Old 05-11-2014 | 12:36 PM
PennShovel
Cruiser

Ill be a guinea pig!

Old 05-11-2014 | 12:42 PM
John_K
Road Captain

Trying to get my hands on one to replace the rear.

Old 05-12-2014 | 05:36 AM
4_stroke
Tourer

Originally Posted by bwoltz
Are they? IMO the original glide pro is not much better than new stock bushing in a bagger.. They don't control lateral forces.. Put an indicator on the swingarm pivot shaft and use a pry bar between the swingarm and the frame.. The force to deflect the swingarm is less with glide-pro.. Anyway the issues to fix the bagger frames is more complex than the dyna..
Polyurethane offers very poor vibration isolation properties but very high damping. The "wobble" has the characteristics of a resonance condition which poly would tend to dampen out. There are other issues with poly but that's a different story.

Old 05-12-2014 | 01:31 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 4_stroke
Polyurethane offers very poor vibration isolation properties but very high damping. The "wobble" has the characteristics of a resonance condition which poly would tend to dampen out. There are other issues with poly but that's a different story.
Well.. Not sure the "damping" characteristics of the polyurethane would be all that good for bagger swagger since the frequency of the swagger is so low compared to something like engine vibrations.. Since it seems to work reasonable for motor mountings, I suspect it depends on the formulation. Both glide-pro and compcams make front mounts from polyurethane. I you look in the web, you'll find it used as a vibration isolator.. What would be better.. A spring? Might make the bike handle like a pogo stick... :-)

Old 05-12-2014 | 02:48 PM
4_stroke
Tourer

Originally Posted by bwoltz
. I you look in the web, you'll find it used as a vibration isolator.. What would be better.. A spring? Might make the bike handle like a pogo stick... :-)
Poly is used in aftermarket systems only. No OEM uses it as an engine mount. Thats because of its inherent drawbacks.

Quick Reply: Polyurethane Motor Mounts for Dyna