Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Polyurethane Motor Mounts for Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014 | 09:07 PM
Racqueteer9
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Azgunner
Might give the Glide-Pro mount a try if they came down in price a bit, no, make that a lot.
Yeah, you would think an independent manufacturer could/would offer a lower price than HD and still make a rather substantial profit. That's why I haven't tried a VibraTechnics. Thanks, but I'll just buy another HD mount when needed. Just replaced my front last week and it no longer hurts to rev above 2,500 rpm.

Old 05-04-2014 | 09:18 PM
snatchcat
Tourer

They don't look nice to me at all!... more like really questionable and poorly designed prototypes from china, and certainly nothing quality like their other products. And I would be embarrassed to put my name on them if I was glide-pro! NFS!!!

If they wanted to get into dyna mounts I don't know why they didn't work with what they already know... package these bagger mounts together maybe! There's room on a Dyna for them. I would be afraid of those anyway till I saw them cross sectioned... really hard for me to believe those are from glide-pro!

Old 05-04-2014 | 09:47 PM
John_K
Road Captain

Pretty spendy, when I can get H-D replacements mounts at 20% off thru Surdyke H-D.
Paid $81.26 incl. shipping for the rear mount & probably a similar $$ amount for the front.

Actually just replaced my front mount last Fri. & will replace the rear in the next couple of weeks. Also have the Sputhe stabilizers.

Might give the Glide-Pro mount a try if they came down in price a bit, no, make that a lot.
Originally Posted by bjewell
Too expensive...
OEM mounts are $180 for the rear, and $150 front here in the Great White North.

Even with shipping the Glide Pros would be a bargain.

Old 05-04-2014 | 10:54 PM
Azgunner
Tourer

Originally Posted by John_K
OEM mounts are $180 for the rear, and $150 front here in the Great White North.

Even with shipping the Glide Pros would be a bargain.
Wow dude, somebody is ripping you off. Maybe Can. dollars? I have the receipt from Surdyke H-D for the rear mount in front of me & it was $81.26 USD with shipping included to Arizona.

Old 05-04-2014 | 11:11 PM
John_K
Road Captain

Wow dude, somebody is ripping you off. Maybe Can. dollars? I have the receipt from Surdyke H-D for the rear mount in front of me & it was $81.26 USD with shipping included to Arizona.
Yeah the price is CDN... and yeah, HD has been ripping us off for years. You can probably double that price again for our overseas cousins.

Why do you suppose HD banned its US dealers from selling items internationally a couple years ago? A lot of the US dealers were making great business selling items online to international customers... like me.

Old 05-04-2014 | 11:48 PM
FXD_noob
Road Master

Originally Posted by John_K
Yeah the price is CDN... and yeah, HD has been ripping us off for years. You can probably double that price again for our overseas cousins.

Why do you suppose HD banned its US dealers from selling items internationally a couple years ago? A lot of the US dealers were making great business selling items online to international customers... like me.
Which only screwed us overseas costumers since dealers in other countries take their sweet time to get **** ordered/delivered/installed...it drives me nuts that H-D would do this. I even tried ordering some parts thru Surdyke but the international credit card was rejected...

Old 05-07-2014 | 06:01 PM
FXDLXSD619
|
6th Gear

Not sure if you know but Snatchcat posted the touring/fxr mounts. Please refer to page 1 of this thread for pics of the Dyna version. Dyna's have totally different mounts Snatchcat.

Last edited by FXDLXSD619; 05-07-2014 at 06:01 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-07-2014 | 06:02 PM
FXDLXSD619
|
6th Gear

These mounts are not posted on the site yet but will be soon.

Old 05-07-2014 | 06:06 PM
FXDLXSD619
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by snatchcat
They don't look nice to me at all!... more like really questionable and poorly designed prototypes from china, and certainly nothing quality like their other products. And I would be embarrassed to put my name on them if I was glide-pro! NFS!!!

If they wanted to get into dyna mounts I don't know why they didn't work with what they already know... package these bagger mounts together maybe! There's room on a Dyna for them. I would be afraid of those anyway till I saw them cross sectioned... really hard for me to believe those are from glide-pro!

Not sure if you know but Snatchcat posted the touring/fxr mounts. Please refer to page 1 of this thread for pics of the Dyna version. Dyna's have totally different mounts Snatchcat.

Old 05-07-2014 | 06:07 PM
br549A1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by FXDLXSD619
These mounts are not posted on the site yet but will be soon.
I thought you didn't work for them? How come you only have ten posts and they are all advertising these mounts? Where's the users running them? Why don't you send some out for members to test and report back on? There's plenty on here in need of new mounts

Last edited by br549A1; 05-07-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Polyurethane Motor Mounts for Dyna