Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Polyurethane Motor Mounts for Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014 | 10:55 AM
br549A1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DesertDyna
Thats what I intend to find out.
Watch the movement on this. I don't think you can get this kind of movement out of poly and if you have a poly on the rear and not the front I think the rear is going to be doing all the work. They probably need to be matched. Here's a crappy video I need to take a better one but can't until my VOES comes in it won't stay running.

Old 05-02-2014 | 12:06 PM
DesertDyna
Road Captain

Originally Posted by kp877
Watch the movement on this. I don't think you can get this kind of movement out of poly and if you have a poly on the rear and not the front I think the rear is going to be doing all the work. They probably need to be matched. Here's a crappy video I need to take a better one but can't until my VOES comes in it won't stay running.
The rear acts more like a pivot point, which i believe is why the stock rear mounts rarely fail. IMO, the front takes all the abuse, and is responsible for most of the vibration transmitted to the front of the frame, handlebars. We will see...

Old 05-02-2014 | 12:10 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member

I didn't know they make mount for EVO as well.

Originally Posted by kp877

Vibra-Technics Predator Mount for Harley Evo - YouTube

Old 05-02-2014 | 12:14 PM
br549A1
Outstanding HDF Member

It's still in development. I posted a thread here awhile back for anyone interested.

Old 05-02-2014 | 11:25 PM
Loner88
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DesertDyna
Polyurethane will not decrease vibration. Thats not really its purpose. It is for better handling only. The only way you MAY see a decrease in vibration is if you have a failed stock mount, and you replace with the new one... The poly mount will eliminate the need for a Sputhe/True-Track stabilizer. On the flip side...the Vibra Technics mount gives you reduced vibration (because of the more rubber-like elastomer), and the handling (lateral stabilizing link).

However, if my REAR mount fails...I will definately be buying one of these....and eliminate my REAR Tru-Track stabilizer. Heck..i may just get one anyway...just to get rid of the rear.
Wondering why you want to get rid of your rear tru-track? Way more of a bitch to install than the front, and really not in the way of anything, aside from a slight re-route of the brake line,no?

Old 05-04-2014 | 02:33 PM
FXDLXSD619
|
6th Gear

Polyurethane can be designed to meet specific requirements, such as skateboard wheels, engine mounts and bushings. These mounts are not rock solid like skate wheels but are of a softer poly compound. I'm still using my sputhe but I'm guessing that you could get rid of the sputhe and be just fine. I've gone through 3 sets of stock motor mounts in the lifetime my 2002 dyna and the front mount always seems to go first. I wished these mounts would have come out a long time ago...would have saved me money. BTW, the vibra-mount is an excellent design as well and I think the rear glide-pro mounts would be an excellent match.

Old 05-04-2014 | 02:35 PM
John_K
Road Captain

where do you get these? They're not listed on the site

Old 05-04-2014 | 08:20 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member

Ive been emailing Glide Pro about these for awhile. Glad to see them finally getting them out there. My best guess go to the website and get the phone number and call the manufacturer . I plan on getting these as soon as my stock mounts are gone. Should not be much longer.

Old 05-04-2014 | 08:40 PM
Azgunner
Tourer

Pretty spendy, when I can get H-D replacements mounts at 20% off thru Surdyke H-D.
Paid $81.26 incl. shipping for the rear mount & probably a similar $$ amount for the front.

Actually just replaced my front mount last Fri. & will replace the rear in the next couple of weeks. Also have the Sputhe stabilizers.

Might give the Glide-Pro mount a try if they came down in price a bit, no, make that a lot.

Old 05-04-2014 | 09:01 PM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member

Too expensive...

Quick Reply: Polyurethane Motor Mounts for Dyna