Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing passenger peg mounts

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 03:31 PM
007dyna
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing passenger peg mounts

New 07 Superglide. Want to install the passenger peg mounts. Has anybody done this yet?? Instructions would have you remove chain guard and loosen rear axle off swingarm to loosen belt for left side. Is this necessary? Precautionary? What's the deal? seems like overkill to me. Plus, I can't see the rationale for all the extra work. Just so I can get around the belt? I can work around the belt w/o loosening it off! So again what's the deal? All replies appreciated.

Pete
Clearwater BC
"Canadian boy rides in the snow"

Old 03-28-2007, 03:44 PM
PowerCobra98
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Installing passenger peg mounts

You don't need to do any of that. The right side of the bike is straight forward. The left side will require you to get around the belt but you will be able to move it enough. It doesn't take too long to install.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:49 PM
007dyna
Advanced

Thx bud. I didn't think it was that complicated, but you should see the instructions!
Take your bike apart, add mount, put bike back together. Easy as 1, 2 ,3

Old 03-28-2007, 06:42 PM
bobby5
Tourer

i was wondering about this too i was gonna install some pass pegs on my street bob and if you have to loosen the swing arm i prolly will have someone else do it.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:25 PM
007dyna
Advanced

I'm gonna perform the operation tonite. Will post results. stay tuned

Old 03-28-2007, 11:44 PM
MNslider
Intermediate

I did it last fall as the directions directed. It actually went smoothly, have to make sure you count the turns to loosen the rear axle and put it back the same amount of turns. Guess I don't know if there is an easier route, I went long route - with no cocktails.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:38 AM
007dyna
Advanced

OK I nailed it, no biggie. Took about half an hour. Did NOT follow instructions, way too complicated and time-consuming. The main issue with the left side is the lack of space to work in. There is not much room for your tool. I used a socket with a torx head attachment. I did remove the chain guard cuz that was easy and made a little bit more room to work in. After that the issue is the belt. Makes for no room for anything. So you absolutely need the socket elbow thingy that allows you to turn at any angle. This is indispensible and this job would not have been possible without it. Be careful not to scratch the paint on your new bike. Frame, swingarmand rear fender. Be patient, go slowly and cup your hand around turning head to protect bike.

All in all not a difficult job. Glad I thought about it and just didn't blindly follow instructions. That would have been a mess. This was quick and easy.

Glad to answer any questions

Remember STOCK is the new CUSTOM!!

Old 03-29-2007, 04:20 AM
davidchristopher
Cruiser

I didn't loosen the belt when I installed mine either... I did it in about 30m in my driveway. It was a bit tight on the left side, but totally doable with a little patience.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:21 AM
hd_sob
Road Master

Typical H-D instructions bull$hit. I once installed a tach on my 02 Sporty and the instructions were SEVEN pages long. After bouncing those against the wiring diagram in the service manual, the whole thing came down to connecting THREE wires. Seven pages, my a$$...

Old 03-30-2007, 08:29 AM
makoshark333
Cruiser

I just purchased the brackets...figured a good time since I need a new tire on rear.My question, are the passenger pegs for the bracket anything special. Different hole, length???. I am thinking of changing all my pegs (highway and mid mount) to something different. MAKO

Quick Reply: Installing passenger peg mounts