Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Push..push it good...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 06:58 AM
Jehu
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,114 Likes on 626 Posts
Default RE: Push..push it good...

Good on you. You're going good wiht the seat, the boots and a "can do" attitude. Getting a little push now and again isn't a bad thing.

As for handling with the rear lowered, there may be some minor change. When I had my Night Train, I lowered the rear (rougher ride!) and installed two inch over front fork tubes. It changed the way the bike rode a bit, but not drastically.

Old 03-30-2007, 05:50 PM
Gary_L
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll get a better labor rate, and probably better work done at the indy shop.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:47 PM
funbikerchick
Tourer

O.K. Let me resurrect this thread with a question. Are shorter shocks the only way to lower a Street Bob? My Suzuki Boulevard C50 was lowered 2" by changing the dog bones. Is that possible on a Street Bob?

Old 03-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey funbikerchick -

There's a lowering kit made by Tamarack (I believe that's the spelling), a couple of members here have used it and probably can find info with a Search. However, it does change the geometry of the suspension with modified lower shock mounts which may not be the best idea (?)

The direction I went was to go with 11" Progressive shocks because i wanted to lower the bike AND improve the handling. A bit more expensive but got great results and couldn't be happier. Also lowered the front with Progressive springs. Bike really stays planted now and I feel much more in control - goes where I want it to now!

Good Luck, and I'm sure some others will chime in about the Tamarack kit.

Chip

Old 03-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Tuggin
Cruiser

Is it true you can't ride 2 up if you lower the rear? I've been thinking about doing that but we ride 2 up alot.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

Depends on how you lower it - lower shocks still allow you to adjust the preload (with a wrench they provide) which raises the rear up in various increments when you go from solo to two-up. Progressive also has a heavy duty model in most of their shocks just for the two-up or heavier solo riders, also adjustable.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:36 PM
b5mac
Tourer

Honey, it don't matter how small you are if you have friends to help you. I'll bet you have plenty, too. I'm 6'5" and weigh in at around 290 lbs so I don't have that problem. If I had a friend that was small and needed help I wouldn't have a problem with that. Keep your friends close and your ememies closer.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:40 PM
DougsDyna
Banned

bikediva,
No, I never needed help pushing the bike backwards (long legs), just lifting it back upright
Lots of good advice for you here, aside from lowering as said, use gravity to your advantage.

DougJ

Old 03-19-2008, 08:48 PM
baxter
Road Warrior

id get some lowered shocks(412s 11inch) and maybe a lower profile seat , you should be able to get ur feet flatter. on a incline ill put my left calve in front of the primary and tip toe backwards pushing the bike and using my left leg like a lever. my hurt u though cus you may not have alota meat on your calve being that small. not to small for the bike though dont think like that.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:02 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My Suzuki Boulevard C50 was lowered 2" by changing the dog bones. Is that possible on a Street Bob?
I haven't seen the suspension on a C50 but I lowered my old SV650 for my wife with the "dog bones" so I know what you're talking about.The Dyna doesn't have any thing like that but it's just as easy to lower, either with a kit that moves the shock mounting points like the Tamarack kit or shorter shocks.Also you don't need a kit for the front really you can just loosen up the triple clamps and slide the tubes up in the trees.

Quick Reply: Push..push it good...