Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cycleshack baffles on a 13 FXDf with SE SP slip ons?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 07:15 PM
Kazz
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cycleshack baffles on a 13 FXDf with SE SP slip ons?

Anyone have them? I know sound is a personal tast but just wanted some feedback from people that have them on there bike.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:36 PM
HSB
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Running a set in my 09 Fat Bob but I modified them to fit in a set FXDFSE CVO mufflers... How do they sound well its is as personal as the way you build your bike but I like mine not to load but loud enough I've been running them for 3 years now...
You do realize that the baffles in your SE slip-on's were made by Cycle Shack, Harley has been using them for years and you can modify your existing baffles to be the same as the ones your looking to buy from Cycle Shack...

Old 04-08-2014, 06:11 PM
Kazz
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did read something about the baffles in se II where made by cycle shack. But the new se sp pipes where made by some other company. This could be hear say, not sure. I looked at some photos of the se sp baffles and the cycle shack performance baffles and they look the same. The only difference I can see is where the cut/crimmed part is closer to the head pipe and of course two more rows of holes. I figured for 50$ shipped I would have the option to switch back. Maybe do one row of holes in my original baffles. Your bike look sweet. I was thinking of getting those bars with maybe a 1" tank lift.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:47 PM
HSB
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kazz
I did read something about the baffles in se II where made by cycle shack. But the new se sp pipes where made by some other company. This could be hear say, not sure. I looked at some photos of the se sp baffles and the cycle shack performance baffles and they look the same. The only difference I can see is where the cut/crimmed part is closer to the head pipe and of course two more rows of holes. I figured for 50$ shipped I would have the option to switch back. Maybe do one row of holes in my original baffles. Your bike look sweet. I was thinking of getting those bars with maybe a 1" tank lift.
Thanks she's been my baby for 5 years now... No longer running those bars I need to update my pic...
Your absolutely correct for $50 bucks its worth keeping the originals as spares.. You will have a problem with keeping the packing from blowing or should I say being sucked out on the holes in the C/S baffles don't ask me how I know this Any way there is ways around it, I think I have some older pics of when I modified my baffles. I will look and send them to you so you can see what I'm talking about... Send me a PM with your email and I will send you some pic's...