Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Dual Disc Part Numbers!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015 | 06:33 PM
buellrider76
Tourer

Here's my Brembo setup. Just waiting on the throttle side fork from a '14 lowrider to get back from powder and rebuild. Can't wait to get this on the road.

Attached Thumbnails New Dual Disc Part Numbers!-wp_20150102_11_28_15_pro.jpg   New Dual Disc Part Numbers!-wp_20150102_11_31_21_pro.jpg  
Old 01-23-2015 | 06:41 PM
buellrider76
Tourer

Also, as a MSF certified motorcycle coach, I cannot emphasis enough the importance of a safety course. I teach Basic Rider, Basic Rider 2 and Sportbike Rider courses. (I instruct the sportbike on my streetbob) My Master Chief read the MOM (motorcycle owner's manual) on his bike and noticed it had linked brakes so he never used his front brake. Three hours into the course on "emergency stopping in a curve" he tucked the front end and went down. It really opened his eyes to the importance of proper braking. I hate to see anyone drop a bike but I would much rather it be on a course than in traffic. Do yourself a favor and take a class even if it's just to tell me I'm an idiot and it didn't teach you anything.

Old 01-24-2015 | 10:29 AM
DMonty
Advanced

Buellrider76,

Digging those Brembos. Post pics when it's done.

Old 02-09-2015 | 08:42 PM
Odelay
Cruiser

Did this mod this last weekend, along with monotubes. Braking is much improved.

I decided to use the stock spokes for now- easy to bolt on the new rotor and also get my money's worth out of the tires I put on 2500 miles ago. But- next up is Low Rider wheels (which I have already ordered, and will probably have powder coated), a tire upgrade, and nicer rotors.

Gotta take it step by step so the wife doesn't bitch about the $$$.

Attached Thumbnails New Dual Disc Part Numbers!-img_2869.jpg  
Old 02-10-2015 | 05:53 AM
13bob
Tourer

Originally Posted by Odelay
Did this mod this last weekend, along with monotubes. Braking is much improved.

I decided to use the stock spokes for now- easy to bolt on the new rotor and also get my money's worth out of the tires I put on 2500 miles ago. But- next up is Low Rider wheels (which I have already ordered, and will probably have powder coated), a tire upgrade, and nicer rotors.

Gotta take it step by step so the wife doesn't bitch about the $$$.
Thanks for posting your mod, looks great.

Can you give us a quick list / run down on the parts you had to buy/order so far to make it work?

Thanks

Old 02-10-2015 | 07:31 AM
buellrider76
Tourer

Complete!

Old 02-10-2015 | 10:46 AM
buellrider76
Tourer

...and outside.

Old 02-10-2015 | 11:00 AM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by buellrider76

...and outside.
That is just "Righteous"

Old 02-10-2015 | 11:23 AM
Odelay
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 13bob
Thanks for posting your mod, looks great.

Can you give us a quick list / run down on the parts you had to buy/order so far to make it work?

Thanks
Sure thing. A couple of things- I already had black powder coated lowers, so I just ordered the right lower off of the new Black Low Rider kit that HD made available a few months ago, instead of just getting a regular Low Rider fork leg and powder coating myself. You can split that kit and order just the right. Also, I ordered all parts new, but of course you can find used rotors, calipers, and master cylinders pretty easy off the classifieds here or ebay. Everything was bolt on, nothing needed machining or shimming. List:

HD parts from Surdyke:
45500271 SLIDER,RH,F RT FORK,BLACK
41300002 CALIPER ASSY, RH, FRT, BLK
46717-10 BRAKE DISC ASSEMBLY
44163-00 BOLT, CALIPER MOUNTING, UPPER
44160-00 BOLT, CALIPER MOUNTING, LOWER
41747-82A FITTING, MASTER CYLINDER (this is the bolt that fits the brake line to the caliper)
41731-01 GASKET (crush washer/gasket that go on either side of the brake line fitting when bolting into the caliper- qty 2)

Hill Country Customs:
HC-401441 Front +10" Black Vinyl Brake Line Harley-Davidson Dyna Fat Bob 2008 & Up $88.95

Drag Specialties:
11/16in. Dual-Disc Master Cylinder with Lever and Clamp Half - Black H07-0751B-1

I also bought a MityVac brake bleeding kit to help with the new setup:
http://www.tooltopia.com/mityvac-mv8...JE0aAhTT8P8HAQ

The install was simple and went surprisingly well. I had bled brakes before, but it did not go very well... This time I used a couple of videos that helped tremendously in the process. Helped me get done quickly and back to riding:

This is a simple performance upgrade for Street Bobs, I wish I had done this when I got the bike a few years ago. Now that they have the Low Rider lowers, I couldn't think of a reason not to.

If anyone is considering doing this mod and has additional questions not covered earlier in the thread, I'd be glad to try and help.

The following users liked this post:
itscaptaincody (03-31-2016)
Old 02-10-2015 | 05:49 PM
13bob
Tourer

Originally Posted by Odelay
Sure thing. A couple of things- I already had black powder coated lowers, so I just ordered the right lower off of the new Black Low Rider kit that HD made available a few months ago, instead of just getting a regular Low Rider fork leg and powder coating myself. You can split that kit and order just the right. Also, I ordered all parts new, but of course you can find used rotors, calipers, and master cylinders pretty easy off the classifieds here or ebay. Everything was bolt on, nothing needed machining or shimming. List:

HD parts from Surdyke:
45500271 SLIDER,RH,F RT FORK,BLACK
41300002 CALIPER ASSY, RH, FRT, BLK
46717-10 BRAKE DISC ASSEMBLY
44163-00 BOLT, CALIPER MOUNTING, UPPER
44160-00 BOLT, CALIPER MOUNTING, LOWER
41747-82A FITTING, MASTER CYLINDER (this is the bolt that fits the brake line to the caliper)
41731-01 GASKET (crush washer/gasket that go on either side of the brake line fitting when bolting into the caliper- qty 2)

Hill Country Customs:
HC-401441 Front +10" Black Vinyl Brake Line Harley-Davidson Dyna Fat Bob 2008 & Up $88.95

Drag Specialties:
11/16in. Dual-Disc Master Cylinder with Lever and Clamp Half - Black H07-0751B-1

I also bought a MityVac brake bleeding kit to help with the new setup:
http://www.tooltopia.com/mityvac-mv8...JE0aAhTT8P8HAQ

The install was simple and went surprisingly well. I had bled brakes before, but it did not go very well... This time I used a couple of videos that helped tremendously in the process. Helped me get done quickly and back to riding:

Delboy's Garage, Harley Sportster Brake Fluid Change. - YouTube
Motorcycle Brake Repair: Replacing Bleeding Front Brake Fluid on a 2008 Harley Davidson Road Glide - YouTube

This is a simple performance upgrade for Street Bobs, I wish I had done this when I got the bike a few years ago. Now that they have the Low Rider lowers, I couldn't think of a reason not to.

If anyone is considering doing this mod and has additional questions not covered earlier in the thread, I'd be glad to try and help.
THANKS!! you're the man!

Quick Reply: New Dual Disc Part Numbers!