Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer install of SE Pipes & AC

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Dynamite17
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Dealer install of SE Pipes & AC

Decided on which model to puchase, a Low Rider and am thinking of just having the dealer install the SE pipes and AC along with EFI Map. Parts and labor for the pipes, AC, SERT, Dyno about $800. Not sure why he requires me to buy the SERT and have the dyno tune. Isnt this a common setup that they should just be able to download to the EFI. Don't the dealers have the equivalent to a "master key" to download a map to any EFI and not require a dedicated SERT plug to be created with my bike's VIN?

B

Old 03-20-2007, 07:05 PM
glide05
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dealer install of SE Pipes & AC

If you are really getting slip-ons, SE cleaner, SERT, and dyno tune for $800 including all labor, that sounds like a very very good deal to me. Dyno tune alone runs 250-300, probably higher on sert, sert is at least $350, AC is $140, pipes maybe $250? If all labor, dyno and a SERT are really included for that money - I'd jump on it.

Old 03-20-2007, 07:53 PM
thrillseeker
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure why he requires me to buy the SERT and have the dyno tune
my guess would be because he wants you to have a good running bike. I'd bet that a lot of people come back after doing just the ECM flash because its popping and sch!t.... the guy is probably just trying to save himself from headaches later on, while trying to explain to a pissed off customer why his bike doesn't run right, and why he needs to spend more money to make it run right.

They are able to connect to the ECM only to upload pre built maps that the MOCO sells you, and they will always be lean to your build.

And like Glide05 said.. it sounds like a fair deal

Old 03-20-2007, 10:38 PM
thebestofindica
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...or you could just put the pipes/ac/PCIII on yourself and save some serious cash. I will get a dyno tune when I need to, but right now I don't need to. If you just listen to the motor and check the plugs you can get a pretty good idea of how its running! Good luck.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:55 PM
thrillseeker
Road Warrior

SE Pipes - around $250 (average for various model choices)
SE intake - $140
PCIII - $300 (approximately)
Dyno - $250
Total - $940

I don't know - seems like a pretty good deal. Even without the dyno and using a generic map, the cost is $690. Pretty good price to have someone else do it and get the dyno done.
SERT cost isn't even listed in the catalog, but I think its around 400 or so.

edit - just looked up MSRP for the SERT - $459.95

Old 03-20-2007, 11:18 PM
hd_sob
Road Master

Dyno is better, but not totally necessary, in your case. There are canned maps that come with the SERT that are designed for use with SE products.

I recently purchased a SERT and have been advised to try out some of the canned maps, see how they run, tweak if necessary, THEN think about a Dyno if still not satisfied.

That's what I'm gonna do.

HOWEVER, as previously stated, if you can really get ALL of what you listed done now for $800, might as well go for it, because that is unbelievably cheap...