Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Creative turn signal relocation

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 09:30 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Plus 1 on the touring light bar. Mine is a street glide bar. Takes a little grinding to sit flush, but was easy. Here's my write up!! The wiring write up is post #24.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...turn-sigs.html

Last edited by JaronB; 02-08-2014 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:36 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Same here, love clean look! Street glide rear light bar paid $68 plus elbow grease.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:14 PM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 347 Likes on 177 Posts

Here's a view of mine from straight back. It required no grinding on an 05 fender. When i tightened the stock flange head bolts against the fender it fit nicely. Total cost $25 for used Road Glide turn signal bar. The turn signal wiring connects inside the tailight just like stock. I have a 07 Road Glide also, so i measured it and knew it would fit before i bought the ebay light bar.

Attached Thumbnails Creative turn signal relocation-dsc02937.jpg  
Old 02-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,600 Likes on 843 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim Berkenbosch
........I think the licenseplate mount insanely ugly......
I agree with you about the Harley one. I thought this one wasn't half bad, but I'm not the type to get insulted if you think it's fugly.

Old 02-08-2014, 05:33 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,157 Likes on 2,421 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim Berkenbosch
Hey

I've just ordered some Viking spear cutout bags for my 2006 street bob. now i'm struggling with the turn signals being in the way. I've searched the great interweb and haven't found a really good looking solution for the relocation.

I've tried to mount them to the rear axle. Only that doesnt fit because of my straight shots being in the way. I think the licenseplate mount insanely ugly. And i've found the extenders to move the turn signals more to the back... that's not a very good looking option as well.

Now i'm going to take the bags off alot so I has to be a permanent option that looks good instead of a compromise.

Is there anyone here who has a good looking and creative idea how to fix this?
Here's an Option. They are mounted of the belt adjuster threads. This will not interfere with the pipes or the bags. (available in black or chrome)

Might be able to see it a bit better here.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:28 PM
RRose13886
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Excellent!!!

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Here's an Option. They are mounted of the belt adjuster threads. This will not interfere with the pipes or the bags. (available in black or chrome)

Might be able to see it a bit better here.

This is exactley what I've been looking for. Thanks again DK Customs for coming through with some good sh*t!!!

Old 02-09-2014, 12:10 AM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 741 Likes on 410 Posts

My bike had the HD signal relocate kit on it when I bought it, I thought it looked weird and like an afterthought. I bought some Joker Machine LED bullets and mounted them right on the rear fender, straight out from the struts, and I bought a Custom Dynamics LED taillamp with integrated turn signals. The bullet lights are black so you can barely see them from a side view.

If I was going to do it again--I'd probably go with the Touring bar, way cheaper and the turn signals are more noticeable, and you can run the 3 brake light setup. That new DK mount I really like, too.

Last edited by Reindeer; 02-09-2014 at 12:15 AM.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:03 AM
GWD1983
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The touring bar option and the belt adjuster option look really hot! Jaron B are those the viking bags??? I actually think the bike looks better with the bags on (from the rear at least)

Old 02-09-2014, 07:24 AM
GWD1983
Advanced

Originally Posted by truckerdave
Here's a view of mine from straight back. It required no grinding on an 05 fender. When i tightened the stock flange head bolts against the fender it fit nicely. Total cost $25 for used Road Glide turn signal bar. The turn signal wiring connects inside the tailight just like stock. I have a 07 Road Glide also, so i measured it and knew it would fit before i bought the ebay light bar.
Plug & play .. I love it!! Put on my red signal covers and they will look outstanding!

Old 02-09-2014, 07:39 AM
NHMJONES
Cruiser

Originally Posted by FXDLover
Touring bar, mine is from a '06 road glide. It needs a little "persuasion" by way of grinding and spacers to fit, but I think it looks pretty clean. And I get to keep my run/turn/stop function

thanks for the lead, looks clean

Quick Reply: Creative turn signal relocation