Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tank Lift?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 05:34 AM
Muppet Master
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dead Creek Cycles
Tank lifts look awesome on Dynas (though I'm probably a little biased ). Hardware is 5/16" if you want to try fabbing your own.

Here is a link to our kit on our website:

http://www.deadcreekcycles.com/Dead-...ls_p_1101.html
Damn, now I'm confused on which ones to get. I have no idea what my mountain tabs look like. I'm in Afghanistan so I can't go out to the garage to look. Do you happen to know what I would need for a 2012 FXDF? And how much of a difference is the 2 inch from the 3? Yes, I know it's one inch.... But how does it look?

Old 02-03-2014, 07:20 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,255 Likes on 2,479 Posts

Originally Posted by Muppet Master
Damn, now I'm confused on which ones to get. I have no idea what my mountain tabs look like. I'm in Afghanistan so I can't go out to the garage to look. Do you happen to know what I would need for a 2012 FXDF? And how much of a difference is the 2 inch from the 3? Yes, I know it's one inch.... But how does it look?
You have the curved tank ears on your 2012.

There are some pics HERE, the 3" is quite a bit more aggressive looking than the 2" or 2.5"

The space between the bottom of the tank and the rocker covers gives room for better air flow and for showing the rocker covers and cleaning them.

Here is a vid to give you an idea-

Last edited by DK Custom; 02-03-2014 at 07:22 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:22 AM
Dead Creek Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For a 2012 FXDF, you would likely need the ones we have for 2010-up which are designed to fit the "flared" mounting tabs. Our 2010-up kit would work for you even if you had the straight mounting tabs, so you'd be fine with that kit regardless.

Most of our customers go with 1.5" or 2" kits for their Dynas, but it's really up to you and the look you are going for. The 3" kit gives it more of a chopper look. Here is a pic of stock vs. a 2" kit so you can get an idea.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:17 AM
PistolPete83
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Does the tank lift affect your fuel guage readout at all? Fyi i have the flushmount guages

Old 02-03-2014, 09:12 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by PistolPete83
Does the tank lift affect your fuel guage readout at all? Fyi i have the flushmount guages
Check out post #3 in this link-

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/vendo...ed-weekly.html

Old 02-03-2014, 09:57 AM
DesertDyna
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What I dont like is the large gap between the tank and engine though. Is there any kind of filler one can add in? Maybe I can throw a skull or something in there...
That is actually the point to the tank lift. Get more space between the tank and the engine so you can SEE the entire engine, and rocker covers.

Old 02-03-2014, 05:48 PM
loanrider
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 05 wide glide and I went with a 2" lift if you go 3" your bars will hit the tank fyi

Old 02-03-2014, 06:38 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by loanrider
I have an 05 wide glide and I went with a 2" lift if you go 3" your bars will hit the tank fyi
Wide Glides are that way....we have a 3" Lift on a 2000 Wide Glide at the shop...no clearance issues. Depends on your bars and how they are adjusted. Also depends on which of several different trees HD used. We have seen 3 distinctly different tree designs within the same model year on Wide Glides. No other models seem to be affected this way...just the WG's.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:47 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 6,345 Likes on 3,189 Posts

Just Me, but I'm considering removing My 2" lift kit. As I lose 25% of My available fuel.
Just so you know, I have a split tank and the only cross over is at the extreme front of the tank. So with the tank lift and rear lowered I'm screwed.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:02 PM
latrobedyna
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2" lift on mine and no problems in amount of fuel or the gauge reading's it is a street bob if that matters? I was considering going 3 inches but i did not want to dick around changing the crossover tube. I know if i did one of two things would happen 1- I have a leak some day (my luck) Or 2 - the damned tank would always be to full to change the line lol. Sucks being me according to Murphy lol

Quick Reply: Tank Lift?