Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna frame/suspension upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014 | 04:59 AM
JayOhh
|
Tourer
Default Dyna frame/suspension upgrades?

Hey.

Thinking about the Sputhe or TT stabilizers, but some say there's been some upgrades to the dyna frame/suspension/motormounts over the years.

So is the 2014 the same as the first Dynas? If not, when and what have changed?

Are the stabilizers as needed on the newest bikes?

( Haven't got my Dyna yet, that's why I have to ask. Just trying the get all the parts in the house, so I can mod it as soon as it gets here. )

Old 01-21-2014 | 05:28 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by JayOhh
Hey.

Thinking about the Sputhe or TT stabilizers, but some say there's been some upgrades to the dyna frame/suspension/motormounts over the years.

So is the 2014 the same as the first Dynas? If not, when and what have changed?

Are the stabilizers as needed on the newest bikes?

( Haven't got my Dyna yet, that's why I have to ask. Just trying the get all the parts in the house, so I can mod it as soon as it gets here. )
The Dyna still uses the poorly designed rubber engine mounts.

In my opinion, your money is better spent on better shocks and a front fork upgrade before buying the stabilizer. Teen with it's flaws, the Dyna can be a well sorted machine given a good suspension. Besides, you may not ever feel a wobble. Meow, if you are a very aggressive rider, you'll want the suspension and stabilizer right away.

Good luck.

Which Fyna will you get?

Old 01-21-2014 | 07:15 AM
justintyme73
Cruiser

In 2006, the Dyna line was totally revamped, new chassis, forks, etc.

Old 01-21-2014 | 02:28 PM
JayOhh
|
Tourer

So not much improvede over the years huh....

JRI shocks are in the mail, and I already have the Ricor Intiminators, just thinking the stabilizer will complete the handling-upgrades. At least untill the urge for an Øhlins front end gets too big.

Getting the FXDF. Supposed to be at the dealer in the end of February, then install of exhaust, AC and cams. So it should be ready for pickup early March. Riding-season don't start 'till late April up here, so I'm not really in a hurry....

Old 01-21-2014 | 02:58 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

In that case, add the Sputhe too. I'm going to. My suspension has been upgraded and I don't want to leave a stone unturned.

Old 01-21-2014 | 03:43 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member

Upgraded suspension to better absorb bumps will defenately help but ifyou ride hard your going to feel the rubber mounts, especially when cornering hard and hitting a flaw in the pavement. Nothing like having the swingarm mounted to a rubber mounted engine lol

Old 01-21-2014 | 04:36 PM
kknickmeyer
Cruiser

Tru Track was my first and best upgrade. All my riding is backroads. Nothing like a washboard in the middle of a turn to draw your attention. Kurt

Old 01-22-2014 | 04:46 AM
JayOhh
|
Tourer

Ok. Stabilizer it is....

Now. TT or Sputhe? I see there's already some threads about this, and I Guess they're both good.

So, which looks better/ is smaller. Any Pictures of both ON the bike would be Nice.

Old 01-22-2014 | 05:09 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Thumbs up

The a Sputhe is smaller because it's steel. They're both good products.

Old 01-22-2014 | 06:02 AM
vdop
Road Master

Here's some shitty pics of the true track when I was putting my bike together. The rear isn't even noticeable with the tire in and exhaust on and stuff. I think the front looks good, looks like it belongs, nobody really notices. Pretty easy install, definitely worth it. I'm sure the sputhe is comparable, same idea. Good 13"+ shocks are the biggest upgrade imo. I felt a big difference from a fork brace too. I like heavy oil in the forks at least for a quick cheap fix to the spongy stock feel.

Last edited by vdop; 01-22-2014 at 06:05 AM.

Quick Reply: Dyna frame/suspension upgrades?