Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hd quarter fairing

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014 | 12:08 AM
apehanger65
|
Tourer
Default Hd quarter fairing

I just purchased on EBAY an HD quarter fairing with the Bung king adapter for my 06 SB I didn't get it yet (its on its way from cali) . The seller said I can use the quick release clamps from my windshield. and apparently I need to raise the headlight a bit . I believe it comes with a spacer.. im sure a lot of you have done this already.. should I anticipate any problems or is this pretty cut and dry? thanks in advance... id love to see some pics of yours too

Old 01-15-2014 | 06:28 AM
0lowrider1
Road Master

Check out the thug/outlaw thread ..ot in there also in the bike show thread ..use the search and you will find a lot of information

Old 01-15-2014 | 05:00 PM
LOWSTER
Novice

Yes, you can use the quick release from your windshield, i recommend 3 quick release and 1 locking clamp so that someone cant just walk off with your brand new fairing. Bung Kings kit does come with a spacer that you would need to install to lift the headlight allowing it to mate with the fairing correctly. After installing the spacer and clamps its pretty much a sure shot getting it on.

Last edited by LOWSTER; 01-15-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-15-2014 | 07:51 PM
Odelay
Cruiser

Originally Posted by apehanger65
I just purchased on EBAY an HD quarter fairing with the Bung king adapter for my 06 SB I didn't get it yet (its on its way from cali) . The seller said I can use the quick release clamps from my windshield. and apparently I need to raise the headlight a bit . I believe it comes with a spacer.. im sure a lot of you have done this already.. should I anticipate any problems or is this pretty cut and dry? thanks in advance... id love to see some pics of yours too
Hey man, you bought my quarter fairing. I have included the spacer for the headlight, as well as the extended bolt to bolt back on to your tree.

The only thing that you will need is the clamps. I recommend the Harley brand clamps as well, in the setup that LOWSTER recommended.

Should be a very straightforward install. If you need any help, search the forums, or shoot me a PM and I would be glad to help.

Thanks

Old 01-15-2014 | 08:44 PM
justintyme73
Cruiser

I have a question as I got the Conley fairing on ebay and no headlight space, can you tell me what size the spacer is, on the sight it looks like just a piece of round tubing type spacer.

Old 01-15-2014 | 09:05 PM
Odelay
Cruiser

Here is a picture of the spacer that comes with the Bung King setup. Not sure the exact dimensions. Should be able to locate something at the hardware store that will suffice if you need one.

Attached Thumbnails Hd quarter fairing-headlight-bracket.jpg  
Old 01-15-2014 | 10:15 PM
apehanger65
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Odelay
Hey man, you bought my quarter fairing. I have included the spacer for the headlight, as well as the extended bolt to bolt back on to your tree.

The only thing that you will need is the clamps. I recommend the Harley brand clamps as well, in the setup that LOWSTER recommended.

Should be a very straightforward install. If you need any help, search the forums, or shoot me a PM and I would be glad to help.

Thanks
HEY! thanks.. I have the Harley quick release clamps on my windshield and will use those. I think I will get 1 locking one too. it looks pretty cut and dry.. cant wait to put it on... I still need to get a whole bunch of other parts on too.... just need time!!!!!! I will post pics when in ALL done

Old 01-15-2014 | 10:27 PM
apehanger65
|
Tourer

thanks for the responses.. I love this forum... always get some good advice and ideas

Old 01-16-2014 | 12:39 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

I put the part numbers and what I did in this thread: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...g-project.html

Just remember to rotate your headlight block 180* to bring the headlight forward enough to mate up to the rubber ring in the fairing. And you can add extra washers or a taller spacer to raise the light up more with the fairing to get the wind blockage where it's best for you and stop any buffeting you might get.

Old 01-16-2014 | 02:18 AM
apehanger65
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by SquidHead
I put the part numbers and what I did in this thread: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...g-project.html

Just remember to rotate your headlight block 180* to bring the headlight forward enough to mate up to the rubber ring in the fairing. And you can add extra washers or a taller spacer to raise the light up more with the fairing to get the wind blockage where it's best for you and stop any buffeting you might get.
THANKS... it cant come fast enough... I am becoming obsessed... looking at pics . I just need to get this on! get all my powdercoated parts and paint on... I need to
be done by end of march

Quick Reply: Hd quarter fairing