Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

winter overhaul almost complete

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 06:52 PM
Vanstreetbob
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default winter overhaul almost complete

well, i havent posted much on here but ive been puttin in some hours on my 07 streetbob over the winter while we cant ride up here. I bought it in May of last year, and when i picked It up it was relatively stock

since then I have added forward controls, HID headlight, 16" RSD king apes bars, RSD tracker grips, vance and hines big radius pipes (had the top half powdercoated gloss black), I have my triple clamps, fork lowers, and rocker covers also powdercoated gloss black, i removed the rear fender struts, built a custom seat plate which i will mount a 16" larosa solo seat to, I added a badlands equalizer/run/turn/brake module, and LED bullets for the rear lights, I have a powdercoated black 21" front wheel with chrome spokes being built, as well as a black 18x5.75" rear with chrome spokes as well that I'm mounting a 200 tire on, I am leaning towards ordering a rocket bobs rear hugger fender. I also lowered the bike with progressive springs/shocks. still a bit of work to do but it will be ready for whenever the sunshine and warm weather decides to show up here again...

Old 01-12-2014, 07:04 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Sounds like you will be busy for awhile! Have fun, should be a great looking bike - follow up with "After" pics!

Old 01-12-2014, 07:08 PM
Junkster
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now you need to make it go faster.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:13 PM
Vanstreetbob
Advanced

it has a stage 1 kit, but next year I think ill tear into the motor

Old 01-12-2014, 07:38 PM
c-note
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That FXDB should be sick with a two-hundo

Old 01-12-2014, 07:39 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

Lookin good! You guys that take apart a perfectly good motorcycle are braver than I am lol

Old 01-12-2014, 07:43 PM
c-note
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I sort of like the idea I have seen on a bunch of club style bikes of leaving the mids and putting on highways where the forward mounts are. Makes a lot of sense if you want to stand on your pegs MX style for railroad tracks or what have you... but it makes my hip flexors spasm just thinking about sitting that tight through the gears.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:04 PM
Vanstreetbob
Advanced

Originally Posted by c-note
I sort of like the idea I have seen on a bunch of club style bikes of leaving the mids and putting on highways where the forward mounts are. Makes a lot of sense if you want to stand on your pegs MX style for railroad tracks or what have you... but it makes my hip flexors spasm just thinking about sitting that tight through the gears.
I'm just running forward controls alone. that's probably my bike stand that looks like mid peg mounts lol. and I have a moto background, so I look forward to railroad tracks, I just pop the clutch and pull back haha

Old 01-13-2014, 05:33 AM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking good!

Old 01-13-2014, 09:31 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Gonna be sweet! Can't wait to see the updated pics.

Quick Reply: winter overhaul almost complete