Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Added Smoked LED Taillight and Side Mount License Plate Bracket.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 01:04 PM
RMBob
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Added Smoked LED Taillight and Side Mount License Plate Bracket.

Punisher,

What is the part number for the Kuyakyn tail light? Does the tail light light up as bright red as the stock tail light when you start your bike? I'd like to get one for my Bob but I would not want to give up on the safety aspect of being easily seen from ther back. Any chance you could post a picture with the taillight on and the brake light on sowe can see what it looks like? Thanks.

Old 03-18-2007, 01:31 PM
2dales
Novice

Looks Good Punisher.
I went a little further with the smoked lenses and installed a Kuryakyn run-turn-break harness for my rear signals to convert them to running lights and installed clear LEDs that light up RED when brakes are applied. This eliminates the YELLOW glow behind the smoke. I like the fact that I have a little more light on the rear at night, had many close calls where a cager didn't see me until it was almost too late!

Old 03-18-2007, 01:34 PM
The Punisher
Banned

OK let me try to answer all your guys questions. First lets start with the tail light. It has a red led light inside when the light turns on it emmits (sp) red light, when you apply the brakes it gets brighter. The LED lights are much brighter than the stock bulbs. It is very easy to install, you just remove the stock light and plug the LED light right into the wiring harness.

Secondly the side mount license plate braket. It is also from Kuryakyn. It says it's for 05 and older Dyna's but it works on the 06 as well. Donnie I was at Frederick Harley and they had it on the clearance table, it was the correct size for the larger MD plate, I just had to trim the corners of the plate and the lip on the ends to make it fit exactly like I wanted it to. It is a little difficult mounting to the swing arm because the rear wheel sprocket gets in the way, but a little patience goes a long way. The wiring is really easy, it splices into the wiring harness under the seat, very detailed instructions come with the kit.

Trotter thanks for the tip, and no the weather here was worse than yours. I did all that worklast monday when it was in the 70's.

Nate the the answer to your question is yes.

Old 03-18-2007, 01:52 PM
RMBob
Cruiser

Thanks for the quick reply Punisher. I'm probably going to get the tail light for my Bob.

Old 03-18-2007, 02:03 PM
mailman420
Novice

Love the side mount and the smoke taillight. Do you have the part numbers for them so I can order from Kurakyn?

Thanks in advance!

New to the forum and stoked to find other street bob owners!

peace,
mailman

Old 03-18-2007, 02:12 PM
The Punisher
Banned

I don't have the part numbers handy, I already threw the packaging away. Go to Eastern Performances website or thier Ebay Store and look for the Kuryakyn Low Profile Smoked LED Tail Lights for Dynas. I actually went to thier retail store here in MD and bought it there.

If you didn't know Eastern Performance is a HDF Sponsor so check them out.

Old 03-18-2007, 02:27 PM
metal_mike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lookin' good man....only question i have is how[where] did you run the wires?
rather how did you route the wires from tag to under the seat? behind the swingarm? inside the swingarm? just curious as i'll be doing this mod soon myself...

i guess that lil sticker means you'll never be hassled on the legality of the side mount tag huh?

Old 03-18-2007, 04:12 PM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks really good. I am looking at some sort of smoked tail light for a bobtail fender and a side mount for the license plate. Just been a little slow at getting it done

Great job on the bob Punisher

Old 03-18-2007, 06:33 PM
The Punisher
Banned

ORIGINAL: metal_mike

lookin' good man....only question i have is how[where] did you run the wires?
rather how did you route the wires from tag to under the seat? behind the swingarm? inside the swingarm? just curious as i'll be doing this mod soon myself...

i guess that lil sticker means you'll never be hassled on the legality of the side mount tag huh?
I ran the wire down the swingarm and held in place with zipties. Then up the frame tube behind the ecm to under the seat. It was really pretty easy. The are really no issues with side mount plates on motorcycles in MD. It just has to be seen from the rear and be illuminated. Don't let any other LEO tell you different, I know the Maryland Transportation Article pretty well and no where in it does it say a side mount plate is illegal. Hell the MoCo is putting them stock on the Nightster so I don't know what states that have laws against them are going to do.