Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Intake Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014 | 07:05 PM
SquidHead
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Question Need Intake Recommendations

I'm looking for something that will work with this. I like DK's breather bolt solution, but not super crazy about the look of the 587. I've tried a couple different covers, but nothing is really striking me.

I like the tapered shape of the Ness Big Sucker, but don't want to lose the DK breather bolts. I also don't want to put anything more restrictive on either. Any suggestions in the $200 range that will bolt up to this?

Old 01-11-2014 | 02:00 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by SquidHead
I'm looking for something that will work with this. I like DK's breather bolt solution, but not super crazy about the look of the 587. I've tried a couple different covers, but nothing is really striking me.

I like the tapered shape of the Ness Big Sucker, but don't want to lose the DK breather bolts. I also don't want to put anything more restrictive on either. Any suggestions in the $200 range that will bolt up to this?

How do you feel about a 90* elbow A/C? There are more than a few that will bolt right up.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 01-11-2014 | 02:55 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
From: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative

I like my SE Heavy Breather.

Old 01-11-2014 | 09:08 AM
SquidHead
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by PKellyMc
I like my SE Heavy Breather.
Originally Posted by DK Custom
How do you feel about a 90* elbow A/C? There are more than a few that will bolt right up.
I loved my SE Heavy Breather, but got tired of cleaning the IAC every few hundred miles because of what you see below, which is why I want to keep DK's breather bolts. Unfortunately, the elbow won't bolt up to DK's support bracket and the breather bolts won't work with SE's bracket.

Kevin, I've been looking for a replacement elbow, but they all seem to have their own proprietary support brackets. If you know of one that will bolt up to your bracket, please let me know. Thanks!

BTW, the new black bolts are awesome and I was careful not to monkey-fist them this time.

Last edited by SquidHead; 01-11-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 01-11-2014 | 01:20 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

I loved my SE Heavy Breather, but got tired of cleaning the IAC every few hundred miles because of what you see below, which is why I want to keep DK's breather bolts. Unfortunately, the elbow won't bolt up to DK's support bracket and the breather bolts won't work with SE's bracket.

Kevin, I've been looking for a replacement elbow, but they all seem to have their own proprietary support brackets. If you know of one that will bolt up to your bracket, please let me know. Thanks!

BTW, the new black bolts are awesome and I was careful not to monkey-fist them this time.
Hey man!

The Forcewinder elbow bolts directly up to the throttle body support bracket with the Outlaw Breather bolts. Here's a few pics-

I have also seen some adapter plates on ebay that you can put between the SE Heavy Breather and the support bracket that effectively convert the SE HB to the standard bolt pattern.

I just looked and did not see any of these on ebay right now...I may be missing them, or maybe none are up for sale right now.

Old 01-11-2014 | 04:26 PM
SquidHead
|
Outstanding HDF Member

I already sold the Heavy Breather, but that Force Winder looks promising. I'll look it up.

BTW, I found out what happens if you forget the loctite on the acorn nut for the Outlaw plexi cover. I'll be ordering a replacement soon. Luckily, I had that bobber cover from you so I'm not down right now. The crazy thing is the filter itself was still intact, but the plexiglass and hardware are somewhere on I-5 North between Carlsbad and Oceanside.

Old 01-11-2014 | 04:55 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

I already sold the Heavy Breather, but that Force Winder looks promising. I'll look it up.

BTW, I found out what happens if you forget the loctite on the acorn nut for the Outlaw plexi cover. I'll be ordering a replacement soon. Luckily, I had that bobber cover from you so I'm not down right now. The crazy thing is the filter itself was still intact, but the plexiglass and hardware are somewhere on I-5 North between Carlsbad and Oceanside.
Yeah, threadlocker is important! That's lucky the filter was still on there.

You should be able to pick up a forcewinder for under $200 with a little looking around.

Other option is that we are working on some forward facing a/c's ourselves. But it will be a couple of months before we have them up for sale. Been in testing for a bit, we are close to starting production.

Last edited by DK Custom; 01-11-2014 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-11-2014 | 05:00 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

You would make a killing if you sold some breather bolts that worked with the big sucker

Old 01-11-2014 | 05:33 PM
SquidHead
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Yeah, threadlocker is important! That's lucky the filter was still on there.

You should be able to pick up a forcewinder for under $200 with a little looking around.

Other option is that we are working on some forward facing a/c's ourselves. But it will be a couple of months before we have them up for sale. Been in testing for a bit, we are close to starting production.
Hmmm, I think I could wait a month or two, especially if I replace the clear cover and get rid of the bobber looking one.

Lemme know if you need a beta-tester.

Old 01-11-2014 | 06:02 PM
SquidHead
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Here's a pic of my temp bobber cover. It doesn't look too bad, but I like the look of an exposed filter better.

Quick Reply: Need Intake Recommendations