Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Rider seat for 100 miles.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 10:19 AM
tbone52
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Rider seat for 100 miles.

I just made two trips of 200 miles taking them in 100 mile legs. The first trip I made on a stock Low Rider seat. I have used this seat around town since I got the bike last Sept. At the end of the 100 mile run (to a distant dealership), my butt was hurtin' for certain. I couldn't wait to get off that seat and walk around. Same thing on the 100 mile run back home.
I made the trip again yesterday on a Tallboy seat. 100% different. No problems with the aching butt at all for either leg of the trip. I could have ridden all day. What a difference.
The Tallboy doesn't look as good as the stock seat but, it looks like it will have to remain on the bike.
I also overestimated the length of my legs and the Tallboy moves me back just a little too far from the highway pegs. Oh, I can still reach them but it feels like I have to really try to keep my boots pressed against them to keep my feet firmly planted on the peg. I also feel like I am just a little high compared to the stock seat because the Tallboy moves you about an 1 and 1/2 up.
I will be looking for a seat with the same saddle shape as the Tallboy but at a regular position on the bike.
A little review for those with low riders.

Old 03-17-2007, 11:45 AM
turtlebug
Cruiser
Default RE: Low Rider seat for 100 miles.

Being 5'3", I had to have my dyna lowered, I also switched the seat to a sundowner, very comfy on those long trips.

Old 03-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Timmer
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tbone52

I just made two trips of 200 miles taking them in 100 mile legs. The first trip I made on a stock Low Rider seat. I have used this seat around town since I got the bike last Sept. At the end of the 100 mile run (to a distant dealership), my butt was hurtin' for certain. I couldn't wait to get off that seat and walk around. Same thing on the 100 mile run back home.
I made the trip again yesterday on a Tallboy seat. 100% different. No problems with the aching butt at all for either leg of the trip. I could have ridden all day. What a difference.
The Tallboy doesn't look as good as the stock seat but, it looks like it will have to remain on the bike.
I also overestimated the length of my legs and the Tallboy moves me back just a little too far from the highway pegs. Oh, I can still reach them but it feels like I have to really try to keep my boots pressed against them to keep my feet firmly planted on the peg. I also feel like I am just a little high compared to the stock seat because the Tallboy moves you about an 1 and 1/2 up.
I will be looking for a seat with the same saddle shape as the Tallboy but at a regular position on the bike.
T, sounds like you described the Sundowner to a T . The back support and *** comfort of a Sundowner is unreal compared to the stock seat. Same thing, it moves me back about 1"-2". I really have to stretch to keep my heels on the highway pegs. And it sits me up 1"-2". The look? I think it looks like chit, to be honest. I use mine for trips only. Timmer

Old 03-22-2007, 02:45 AM
Gamma742
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Yep! What Timmer said

Old 03-22-2007, 09:21 AM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

One word:

Sundowner Deep Bucket.

Sammi

Old 03-22-2007, 11:32 AM
SpeedMK
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Timmer

T, sounds like you described the Sundowner to a T . The back support and *** comfort of a Sundowner is unreal compared to the stock seat. Same thing, it moves me back about 1"-2". I really have to stretch to keep my heels on the highway pegs. And it sits me up 1"-2". The look? I think it looks like chit, to be honest. I use mine for trips only. Timmer
Timmer,

Did you ever look at the Touring seat, 51472-06? If so, how does it compare to the sundowner?

I've got a '07 FXDL coming and I know I'll want something for longer rides with the wife.

Thanks.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:12 PM
tbone52
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Timmer

ORIGINAL: tbone52

Timmer,
Does the Sundowner move you back and up also. I thought that was the job of the Tallboy. I was hoping the Sundowner would move the seating position forward and down from the Tallboy. I think the Sundowner looks a lot like the Tallboy and is probably as comfortable but I was hoping they would be different seating positions.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:57 PM
2BKFXDL
Road Master

Sundowner..............love it, keeps my wifes a$$ happy as well.....and everyone knows if mommas a$$ ain't happy there ain't nobodys a$$ gonna be happy.