Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive lowering kit on FXDWG Forks

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 02:30 PM
jgcable
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hero
No intention of lowering the rear.. okay cool, so are you on stock shocks still? If you are, is there any reason you're not considering raising the rear instead? It would make more sense to me, especially if you're 2-up most of the time and an 8 year old suspension could have sagged quite a bit by now. Also, don't look at the frame rails, I find the exhaust angle is a better indicator of level (assuming you don't have a curved big radius or something fitted).

For both yours & passenger comfort I'd have thought you need more from your suspension, not less.
I am on stock shocks but the bike only has 7800 miles on it and it has only been 2-up ridden for the last 2000 miles. Its basically a brand new bike.

From what I read on the Progressive website.. even though the lowering kit lowers the front forks by 1 or 2 inches which decreases the travel length of the forks they still won't dive as much as they do now because of the way the Progressive kit is designed. I notice they dive pretty good at hard braking and they don't rebound quick enough.

Also.. I figured that if eventually I want to get shorter rear shocks my front forks will be already set up to go. I am only 5'8" with short legs so dropping the front 1" can only help me out.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:28 PM
jgcable
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I ended up cancelling the Progressive lowering spring kit and going with the standard Progressive spring kit. I have no intentions of lowering the rear of the bike. I took a look at the bike again and its totally level. I really don't want to lower the front. I just want to improve the front suspension performance a little. I switch the order to Progressive part # 11-1525 which is the standard kit.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:33 AM
20StreetBob07
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2" Progressive suspension drop-in kit

Hi, I don't know if you can tell from these pictures but I dropped the Front end of the Street Bob for my fiancé 2" with Progressive Suspensions drop in kit, and added 1" lowering blocks to the rear of the bike with the stock shocks. She went from standing on her tip toes to standing flat footed. Hope this helps someone. She is only 5'3"

Attached Thumbnails Progressive lowering kit on FXDWG Forks-original-stance.jpg   Progressive lowering kit on FXDWG Forks-lowered-bike.jpg  
Old 01-17-2014, 10:55 AM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Jgcable, what about just sliding your fork tubes up farther in the trees instead?
It's simple, free, keeps all your suspension travel, and worked fine on my 06 Wideglide.

Last edited by Warp Factor; 01-17-2014 at 10:57 AM.