Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Windshield?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014 | 04:45 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member

Have you tried moving it up/down? Maybe you could tape a piece of cardboard to the top of the shield to see if it changes the airflow. Try it on the sides of the shield as well. If it does change the air flow positively then you can add pieces of plexi.

Old 02-19-2014 | 05:45 PM
fullswedge
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Deucedog
Have you tried moving it up/down? Maybe you could tape a piece of cardboard to the top of the shield to see if it changes the airflow. Try it on the sides of the shield as well. If it does change the air flow positively then you can add pieces of plexi.
I'll fiddle with it for a while, Then i'm going to use it for target practice!

Old 02-19-2014 | 07:04 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member

When I was young, no windshield.
Now that I am old, I won't ride without one. Comfort and the ability to ride longer and further outweigh dorky looks.
It don't matter what anyone else thinks about my w/s.

Old 02-20-2014 | 06:31 PM
fullswedge
Cruiser

Originally Posted by upflying
When I was young, no windshield.
Now that I am old, I won't ride without one. Comfort and the ability to ride longer and further outweigh dorky looks.
It don't matter what anyone else thinks about my w/s.
Like you, when i was young, no w/s now that i'm older [67] I thought i'd try one... I don't know how anyone could ride WITH one. The buffeting is awful, I can't even see. I think i'll stay young a while longer...

Old 02-20-2014 | 06:58 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by fullswedge
Like you, when i was young, no w/s now that i'm older [67] I thought i'd try one... I don't know how anyone could ride WITH one. The buffeting is awful, I can't even see. I think i'll stay young a while longer...
I guess it comes to a choice of blast or buffet.

Old 02-20-2014 | 10:28 PM
B_nichols
Cruiser

I personally am not a fan of windshields, it really kills the feel for me. My last bike had a windshield when I bought it, I rode it from the dealer to home and pulled it off and put it on Craigslist. Then I rode an ultra from southern Cal to my house in Oregon, and it just isn't the same for me. I roll my street bob the same route, hands in the air and wind blasting and its just more enjoyable to me.

Old 02-21-2014 | 04:20 AM
Spud17
Road Captain

I hate them I tried one on a couple hour ride if it wasn't for the resale value of it in the classifieds I would have tossed it in the ditch. The buffeting was terrible it made it hard to see it was flopping my glasses around and it hurt my neck.

Old 02-21-2014 | 05:47 AM
rgb66
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by o_leary17
I hate them I tried one on a couple hour ride if it wasn't for the resale value of it in the classifieds I would have tossed it in the ditch. The buffeting was terrible it made it hard to see it was flopping my glasses around and it hurt my neck.

It takes some time spent adjusting to get it right though sometimes it will will take a different size or shape to make it right. The really is no one size fits all.

That said I only use mine locally in the winter and bug season. Long distance I normally switch out for the quarter fairing.

Old 02-21-2014 | 09:11 AM
toku58
Tourer

Originally Posted by fullswedge
I was just like you! Was it he Harley windsheild? The buffeting drove me nuts! I wanted to run the damn thing over with my truck.
But I realized that it was a design flaw. So I fixed it.
Now the windsheild is great! It looked like a plexi snow plow on the front of my bike, but now it's 100x better then before. Now it actually diverts the wind up and over, rather then pushing it.

I'd ride it either way. But if given a choice I rather ride with the sheild! Much more enjoyable.

I hate the idiots who try and make subtle hints that you're somehow less of a pure rider if you use a windsheild. Or somehow they're more manly if they ride without one. BS!!
That would be like a ridgid frame guy telling a dyna rider he's somehow a better person?! (Because he had 4 back injuries )

Old 02-21-2014 | 10:17 AM
Robbie13
LOSER

Never have ridden a bike with a windshield. I was told if you look through them a long time they will wear out. I don't know....

Quick Reply: No Windshield?