Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Windshield?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013 | 11:18 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member

NO shield here! If it's cold out, I layer up, if it's buggy out, I eat bugs. I remember when I first got my bike, I was surprised how much pressure the wind put on me. Now, I've gotten used to it and I don't think twice about it. That being said, I have been toying around with a MS Gauntlet but it's merely for the flexibility of changing the look of the bike. That is definitely one of the benefits of the Dyna's. They can be setup as quick-change artists.

Old 12-31-2013 | 11:26 AM
rtm58
Advanced

I did not like the large (in my own mind anyway) selection Harley offered. Wanted something like a Windvest, had on on an 08 Yammy RoadStar. My favorite accessory after the no baffle pipes, lol. Got one from National Cycle. Bout a hundred bucks. Forget the goofy looking dude on the bike, just the windscreen is all that is important, lol. Just one solution.

Attached Thumbnails No Windshield?-032.jpg  
Old 12-31-2013 | 11:34 AM
CB024
Road Master

I don't have a windshield and don't have any issues up to 65mph. After that it gets a little tiring.

Last Friday I was heading home on a slightly windy day. I was doing 80mph on the freeway with a head wind and thought I was going to die, haha. Everything was hurting bad but I was in a hurry that day so I pushed through. It was just a 15 mile stretch but it felt like a hundred.

Old 02-11-2014 | 04:00 AM
rasmukri
|
Tourer

So I have finished a few rides around Italy here without my winshield and I found that around town at speeds lees than about 50 its not too bad. But I got on the highway and was hitting 75+ and the wind was killing my neck. My chest was fine no real wind noticable, but my head after about 10 miles my neck was killing me and it was sore for about 3 days. Think I am going to stick with my windvest.

Old 02-11-2014 | 04:32 AM
Tanuki
Road Warrior

Sounds to me some of you just need to become seasoned properly, that comes with time and miles in the wind. After awhile you don't even notice the wind.

If you run with a windshield you should really wind the windows up too if the wind bothers you that much

Old 02-11-2014 | 04:33 AM
Crex39
Road Master

I do not ride with a windshield on the Sportster, but longer trips on the Electraglide I can appreciate the protection. I love riding without a windshield, but am afraid I am experiencing some hearing loss. I tried bandana over the ears, doesn't help much. Tried ear plugs, kind of a pain in the ***. Besides a full face, what else works for wind noise?

Old 02-11-2014 | 06:30 AM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master

Originally Posted by deano360
no windsheild on our bikes, i would like one but dont really like the looks.. but there is something said for the wind in the face, it is something that you do get used to.. i would like to have the protection of the windshield from the bugs and dust that gets picked-up as well as birds that i have been hit with, and i think a fairing, like the batwing is the way i will end up going
Yeah that's why I put a batwing on mine, got tired of the bugs and the rocks.

Old 02-11-2014 | 08:58 AM
toku58
Tourer

I have the HD WS that I actually hated when I first got it. The look ws hideous! The sheild stood straight up and looked like I was pushing a wall, the buffeting was driving me nuts!
I almost took it off and ran it over with my truck!

But some research and minor modification to the brackets nad I couldn't be happier!

I try and ride it without the sheild but after a few miles of riding I feel like it's a workout just to hold on to the handlebars. A day of riding will wipe me out!

Now I can't imagine riding without the sheild. The bike looks naked without it! But I guess it's a personal thing. I love my sheild!

Last edited by toku58; 02-11-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-11-2014 | 09:46 AM
billatstarbrite
Road Captain

I have a HD Quick Detachable windshield with a Klock Werx replacement lexan shield (HUGE improvment over OEM imo). It's a must for longer rides , but for short blasts up and down A1A it stays home.

Old 02-11-2014 | 09:53 AM
NYC.streetkid
Tourer
Default hmmmm

I have been on bikes since I was a kid . . . have never had a windshield on any of them, nor will I ever get one. I did have a small racing fairing once. I have ridden a couple times on other people's bikes with windshields . . . not my 'thing' at all. Certainly doesn't mean anyone else should feel the same. To me the wind etc is part of the experience. Even travel without them, no issues.

Quick Reply: No Windshield?