Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still looking for a good mechanic...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 01:25 PM
skinman13
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by stilup
http://store.ricorshocks.com/
Do some research, do search the forum and you will see so many very happy with the results.
The intiminators do work. Just a drop in if your already pulled apart.
I don't work for ricor just a believer.
I have done a lot of research on this, both talking to technicians and reading everything I can find...including searching these forums. I do not question that intiminators work as designed, it is just that it appears to me to be an expensive way to adjust preload quickly without having to pull the caps and add/subtract spacers. Form over function...sure they work, but preload is preload, no matter if it is accomplished by using expensive adjustable caps or inexpensive spacers.

Also, I wonder how many of those many very happy riders actually readjust the preload once they have it set where they like it?

Old 12-14-2013, 02:06 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Skin man,
The Ricor Intiminators are not preload adjusters as you described. You may be thinking of the RSD or Speed Merchant preload adjusters. The adjustoers are a bit pricy for what they do.

The Ricor products are s drop-in valve thing that forces oil through a valve at a specific rate to control the dampening process. They cost about the same as the adjusters but do a great deal more. If you plan to replace springs, you should look into these. .

Old 12-14-2013, 02:48 PM
skinman13
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
Skin man,
The Ricor Intiminators are not preload adjusters as you described. You may be thinking of the RSD or Speed Merchant preload adjusters. The adjustoers are a bit pricy for what they do.

The Ricor products are s drop-in valve thing that forces oil through a valve at a specific rate to control the dampening process. They cost about the same as the adjusters but do a great deal more. If you plan to replace springs, you should look into these. .
Thanks for the correction...it looks like I need to do some more research on the Ricor Intiminators. I confused these with the devices that replaced the caps just to make adjusting preload easier. Information overload can do that sometimes.