Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Super Glide Custom with 470lbs of rider?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013 | 06:47 PM
fishbones
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rooti
You don't have to have the cash on hand when you buy used. Harley has a buyer/seller assist program that they will handle all the paperwork and the financing on a private party bike. Of course they will charge you a nice fee, but the seller would probably pay for half to sell their bike without having to worry about the actual transaction or paperwork.

I would strongly recommend buying in the winter time. Even if you have to put less down, you will save a bunch of money by buying off season.

If you decide on the SG, then I can help you with the suspension...I've already changed my front and rear. The way I have my bike set up, I really don't think my wife would be any more comfortable on a touring...besides we don't tour...mostly hill country riding.

PM me anytime or you can e-mail me at sbcglobal.net, my name is Dino
What did you go with on the suspension ?

Old 12-10-2013 | 08:41 AM
cnydynarider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by euphoric28
Hey rooti, I see your just right up the road from me. Well after talking with the wife i will either buy the SG and get the wide tire kit, replace the rear shocks and front springs with progressive HD's and trying to decide between a sundowner seat or the signature seat with the driver backrest. We might on the other hand try to find a used nice road king. Need to spend a little more time at the Dealership but i will say I love the mid controls and the bars on the SG suit me perfectly. I did sit on a 40k CVO Limited and it only felt slightly heavier until the wife went to hop on. As soon as she started to step up i had to muscle it a little more than expected lol.
We're about the same weight and on a 2009 fxdc and we do just fine two up. I ride mostly solo, but the wife rides now and again and we have done some 200 mile rides. The only thing I have done is turn the preload up to the 4th setting on the rear and use heavier fork oil. We have the touring seat, pass backrest and floorboards for the wife and forward controls. Quite comfy. Hope this helps,

Old 12-10-2013 | 02:39 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

What did you go with on the suspension ?
Ricor rear shocks 12.5" sport tune (the shocks re made for your weight) and hand adjustable.

ricor intimidators inside the forks with amzoil 10w shock therapy fork oil

Old 12-10-2013 | 05:27 PM
floridamk
Tourer

Hey rooti, I see your just right up the road from me. Well after talking with the wife i will either buy the SG and get the wide tire kit, replace the rear shocks and front springs with progressive HD's and trying to decide between a sundowner seat or the signature seat with the driver backrest. We might on the other hand try to find a used nice road king. Need to spend a little more time at the Dealership but i will say I love the mid controls and the bars on the SG suit me perfectly. I did sit on a 40k CVO Limited and it only felt slightly heavier until the wife went to hop on. As soon as she started to step up i had to muscle it a little more than expected lol.
Euphoric, recommend you take your wife for a ride on the back of the SG and then on a Road King. May help her ease up on the purse strings a bit!

Old 12-10-2013 | 05:29 PM
JRK5892
Banned

upgrade the shocks and you will be fine man! ride it all day 2 up like that no problem at all buddy

Old 12-10-2013 | 06:07 PM
euphoric28
|
6th Gear

Dino it's nice to meet you. I might try to convince her into a switchback. I like the fact that its not the size of a road king, The weight limit is more, the tires will handle our weight easily, comes standard with ABS, and has everything I need but it is also all detachable. Just have to convince the wife but if not I think we can manage on the SG. I just don't quite want to get into a big Road King when I'm not really touring.

Old 12-10-2013 | 06:15 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

Either way, drop me a line and we'll go look at some bikes. Do you know the best day of the whole year to buy a bike?
12/31, gruene harley will sell most anything on the lot for just over cost that day.

Old 12-10-2013 | 07:26 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Two Lane Tramp
In forum search type in Packing fat chicks. You answer may be there.
Originally Posted by Aces and 8s
Diet and exercise. Problem Solved.
I like to joke around as much, or more than anyone but you guys are dicks

Old 12-10-2013 | 11:07 PM
euphoric28
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by ynots
I like to joke around as much, or more than anyone but you guys are dicks
Couldn't agree more but after seeing all these other guys give there helpful opinions I'm starting to understand the HD community. Most HD owners seem more than ready to help his fellow rider out however it only takes a few dicks to make the whole group look bad.

Old 12-11-2013 | 12:53 AM
Aces and 8s
Road Captain

Thanks EricInNCa for your helpful response. Aces you really shouldn't talk unless you know someone. In my prime I was 20 i weighed 240 working down in a navy engineering plant sweating my *** off every day. Now i'm 37 and I do work out but i'm also disabled which makes it difficult. I'm a big guy when i'm ripped but yea i've got a belly now. Either way people are built different.
All's I'm saying is if you're worried about the weight, lose it. Don't worry, I am practicing what I preach as well. I'm 40lbs heavier than I should be. Where there is a will to be healthier and at a healthy weight, there is a way. The will part it the hardest thing. Speaking from experience. Thicken that skin up a bit, wasn't calling you fat, I have no place calling anyone fat.

Edit: I have a buddy who is 6'3/280, his wife is about his height and not a big girl by any means, but a healthy 180 (est). They ride a FLHX, I would look into a crusier for yourself.

Last edited by Aces and 8s; 12-11-2013 at 12:58 AM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Super Glide Custom with 470lbs of rider?