Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani -which type exhaust gaskets?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013 | 07:30 PM
Irish883
Road Captain

Pipe looks good man... I know it's too late, but I just reused my stock gaskets and as best I can tell I have no leaks. I only have about 1,400 miles on the bike, though, so the stock gaskets were still in good shape.

Originally Posted by Puglia10
looks great in gloss, was thinking of doing that myself when i get mine. what are your impressions? any issues? sound?
I have the same pipe. They are nice, good fit, feels like a good quality finish (mine aren't coated, though). From a noise perspective, they are loud. I guess it really depends on your tolerance, but I am strongly considering reaching out to Bassani to get the quiet baffles. They aren't bad at idle, or when cruising at 40-50mph in 4th gear or so, but under acceleration they scream and they are highly noticeable at highway speeds of 70-80+ in 6th gear.

Old 11-22-2013 | 07:33 PM
izzyryder
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Puglia10
looks great in gloss, was thinking of doing that myself when i get mine. what are your impressions? any issues? sound?
Build quality is good, and sound is great. No issues and just took my time putting them on.

I was expecting the exhaust to be extremely loud but it really wasn't so bad. It's not quiet but not obnoxious either. Great when you get on the throttle.

Old 11-22-2013 | 07:35 PM
izzyryder
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Irish883
Pipe looks good man... I know it's too late, but I just reused my stock gaskets and as best I can tell I have no leaks. I only have about 1,400 miles on the bike, though, so the stock gaskets were still in good shape.
I would have reused my existing gaskets but the ones I had in there were flat type gaskets, not tapered. No way would they have worked with the new design.

Old 11-22-2013 | 07:39 PM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior

I have the same pipe. They are nice, good fit, feels like a good quality finish (mine aren't coated, though). From a noise perspective, they are loud. I guess it really depends on your tolerance, but I am strongly considering reaching out to Bassani to get the quiet baffles. They aren't bad at idle, or when cruising at 40-50mph in 4th gear or so, but under acceleration they scream and they are highly noticeable at highway speeds of 70-80+ in 6th gear.
Pull your baffle out and pack with with MSR Silent Sport, amazing how much it mellows it out

Old 11-22-2013 | 08:06 PM
Irish883
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Good_Apollo
Pull your baffle out and pack with with MSR Silent Sport, amazing how much it mellows it out
Thanks for the tip man, I'll check into that.

Old 11-22-2013 | 09:49 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master

speaking of the packing on the baffles of these bassani's....i pulled mine and it looked like human hair wrapped around the baffle. is this normal, or did i get the one that's tied to a mafia offing or something?!

Old 11-23-2013 | 07:45 AM
izzyryder
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by deuce_streetbob
speaking of the packing on the baffles of these bassani's....i pulled mine and it looked like human hair wrapped around the baffle. is this normal, or did i get the one that's tied to a mafia offing or something?!
Haha post a pic so we can see.

Old 11-23-2013 | 08:36 AM
aces&8s
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by deuce_streetbob
i have the RR b1 and i used SE gaskets. truth be told, it had them on there from when i ran straight shots and just re-used them. i figured i'd give it a shot and if it started giving me problems i would swap them out. so far, no issues at all.
Could you tell a big power diffrence between the Bassani and straight shots??

Old 11-23-2013 | 11:41 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior

Thanks for the tip man, I'll check into that.
No problem, looks like I can't find the MSR stuff anywhere anymore, this is the same stuff though:

https://www.denniskirk.com/moose/8-8...prd/443513.sku

Old 11-23-2013 | 05:31 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master

Originally Posted by izzyryder
Haha post a pic so we can see.
i didn't have plans to yank it off again, but its cold as hell so i won't be riding soon, lol.

Originally Posted by aces&8s
Could you tell a big power diffrence between the Bassani and straight shots??
a little bit, but not as drastic as some state. i did have BCT baffles in them though. it may have been a bit of a mind trick though, because the bassani is a bit quieter than the straightshots, so when you would wind up the straights it would really scream. the bassani barks pretty good, but the ss would roar.

Quick Reply: Bassani -which type exhaust gaskets?