Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob two up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007 | 11:45 PM
markrumsfield
|
Tourer
Default Street Bob two up?

Hey guys, new member here, well new to posting anyway.Already checked in on the new members forum so now I have a question for Dyna owners. So here is the deal, I sold my Sporty a couple of weeks ago so Icould get a Big twin. I really like the Street Bob a whole lot, sat on one today with forwards installed and the combo of the forwards and mini apes felt great. Plus I love the looks of the thing. My concern is that between me, 6ft and a little over 200 and my GF around 5ft6 and lets just say between the two of us your lookin at over 400 pounds we are just two big/heavy for a Dyna. If it were just me, there wouldnt be a question, but I dont want to be bottoming and scraping things everytime we go around a corner or pull in to a parkinglot and I want her to be comfortable as well. I demoed a lowrider and a wideglide a while back and like the handling solo but I definitly have some concerns with two up. The other bike Im looking at is a Fatboy, which I rented a few weeks ago, and seems would be better for two up, but I wasnt super crazy about the way it handled otherwise. So I would appreciate anyones experience with a passenger especialy if you are close to our size. Thanks a lot.

Mark Rumsfield

Old 03-14-2007 | 12:13 AM
CHEESE
Road Warrior
Default RE: Street Bob two up?

I've gone 2 up on mine with a combined weight of about 360 with no problems. I can't imagine another 40 pounds would be too much. I have progressive rear shocks, so that may be different, but overall I'd say 400 pounds isn't that heavy in the grand scheme. I think you'd be fine.

Old 03-14-2007 | 12:42 AM
Jay Risk
Tourer

on an '06 Bob 2 up is very comfortable with Progressive 440 shocks on the rear, a sundowner seat and progressive springs/cartridge emulator on the front. Not necessary(well, maybe the seat is), but it's one way to avoid the scrapes. Also takes care of front fork dive when I hit the brakes, better cornering, and a lot of fun. Enjoy.
p.s. if you're concerned about scraping on corners, have you looked at the dyna custom? better lean angles than the Bob, though I love my StreetBob. Jay

Old 03-14-2007 | 12:58 AM
dynamolowrider
Tourer

just set your shocks up a cupel notches and it will ride great.380lbs between the 2 of us then we add camping gear clothes, i know we are well over 400lbs. actuly when were loaden up for the long haul ill set them all the way up.

Old 03-14-2007 | 03:23 AM
markrumsfield
|
Tourer

I do like the custom, and I know it has another 1/2 inch or so suspension but the Bob has become my favorite. I think though if I found a good deal on a Custom I might be tempted.

Old 03-14-2007 | 11:18 AM
2BKFXDL
Road Master

Not a problem........replace the stock shocks with a better set or dial up your OEM shocks a couple of notches.

I know that was already said but just reiterating.

I am a tad over 6' and weigh about 205, wife is 5'10" and weighs about 145.... with forward controls,sundowner seat, tall sissy bar and stock heritage backrest we are good to hook.......also added Kuryakyn 4" offset peg adapters to the rear so Miss long legs can have a bit more room. Now, I know you don't want to add all this touring type stuff to aBob.....but two up is doable.

We have put on camping gear and regularly carry a full tour pak with two full saddle bags and can go anywhere, with anyone that we want to.

The Bob is basically a LowRider........not sure if the belly is as close to the ground or not but still apples to apples.....

Easliy done.

Old 03-14-2007 | 11:31 AM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member

You'll be fine 2 up on a Bob. My wife and I are over 400 lbs total and we're fine on the Bob.

Old 03-14-2007 | 02:44 PM
oldsporty1
Advanced

In the owners manual they give a GVWR of 1085 for the streetbob which would be about 450lbs. but I had a 05' 1200 Custom before I bought the Bob and we went 2up alot with gear and everything we were over 400 and never had a problem and the GVWR for the sporty was in the 950 range. I don't think that the fatboy will haul that moch more than the dyna. you could call the dealer and he could give you the specs. jmo but I think you can 2up the dyna as good as you can any of the other bikes other than the touring models.

Old 03-15-2007 | 12:12 AM
markrumsfield
|
Tourer

Thanks everyone for the replies. Im feelin better about going with the Bob now. The plan I have in my head is to go with forwards, a Corbin Classic solo with touring pillon, Detatchable sideplates and then kuryakin makes this sissybar "Raptor" that is kind of cool looking. That way when my better half isnt riding with me I can take off the Pillon and sissybar and have the solo look which I really dig. Now if I can just find one in either olive/black two tone or Pewter I will be set. I have a dealer about a mile away from me that has one in Black denim that has forwards already installed but not my first color choice, and the only ones they have coming are black also so I may be shopping around some. Gotta get something soon though because it has been a couple of weeks and the weather is getting good andI need to ride...

Old 03-15-2007 | 01:00 AM
papapat
Intermediate

The both of us are 400+. No problem so far with the bob . have the detachable tall sissy and HD pillon. wife loves the bar - she's not really keen about the pillon. ( but she's never really happy about riding more than a couple of hours at atime..lol) I 'm looking a Mustang seat. had one on the ironhead and liked it

Quick Reply: Street Bob two up?