Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 1/4" T-bar Speedo Mount?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 01:43 PM
stewbeezer
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is a used speedometer mount on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-FXR-S...cd7bed&vxp=mtr
There are a couple more, just search "dyna speedometer mount". You might be able to file the series of holes to made a slot to mount the idiot lights. For the dash why not use a Superglide dash? You could fill the gas cap hole by tacking a metal disc in it, or just coat the cap with texture paint. The ignition switch could go where the gas gauge is. There also is a thread on here where someone slotted the area between the gas cap and gas gauge to mount the idiot lights.

Old 11-23-2013, 02:48 PM
G-Lock
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been interested in moving my speedo but was gonna wait to do a custom tank with no dash. What size are the HD gauges you guys are mounting up? I was thinking about doing some Autometer 2 5/8 tach and speedo.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:37 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by stewbeezer
Here is a used speedometer mount on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-FXR-S...cd7bed&vxp=mtr
There are a couple more, just search "dyna speedometer mount". You might be able to file the series of holes to made a slot to mount the idiot lights. For the dash why not use a Superglide dash? You could fill the gas cap hole by tacking a metal disc in it, or just coat the cap with texture paint. The ignition switch could go where the gas gauge is. There also is a thread on here where someone slotted the area between the gas cap and gas gauge to mount the idiot lights.
Thanks, your post motivated me to go MOCO. I had to get the parts manager to help me, but we figured it out. He pulled up a schematic and had everything in stock, gaskets, screws, and backing plate. Cost me around $60.

The only thing left to figure out is the harness. He said they don't make a longer one that would work. Looks like a cut/splice job going forward.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:10 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,055 Likes on 669 Posts

How do you relocate the speedo on the 06 and later super glides that have the speedo and idiot lights in the one piece riser top clamp. It just won't bolt up on that accutronix clamp.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:53 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by G-Lock
I have been interested in moving my speedo but was gonna wait to do a custom tank with no dash. What size are the HD gauges you guys are mounting up? I was thinking about doing some Autometer 2 5/8 tach and speedo.
I'm just looking to move the stock-size 4" speedo. I have the analog tach/digital speed combo so I only need the one bracket. I think I have everything I need now. I'll post up pics and part numbers after Turkey day when I have some time off.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:36 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

Maybe you could try to adapt a Blackline dash after you move the speedo and the lights?

Old 11-25-2013, 11:33 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 24v
Maybe you could try to adapt a Blackline dash after you move the speedo and the lights?
That is a great idea! I've never noticed them before. I wonder how close it would fit.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:08 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead
That is a great idea! I've never noticed them before. I wonder how close it would fit.
I just put one on my Breakout. Takes about 3 minutes to take it off if you want to stop by and try it.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:32 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 24v
I just put one on my Breakout. Takes about 3 minutes to take it off if you want to stop by and try it.
That would be great. PM me your number. Are you gonna be around this weekend?

Old 11-25-2013, 01:11 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead
That would be great. PM me your number. Are you gonna be around this weekend?

Pics please!!

Quick Reply: 1 1/4" T-bar Speedo Mount?