Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 1/4" T-bar Speedo Mount?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 01:48 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by misfitJason
What type of mount is that in you picture right there squid. I like that
Dunno...it's ftwFXD's. Hoping he'll fill us in.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:23 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://www.denniskirk.com/accutroni...prd/H40404.sku

That is exactly what I'm looking for. I could easily route the cabling through the cut outs in my risers. Got any more info?
V
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by icecaps; 11-16-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:36 PM
JROCKER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Accutronix. They have them on eBay or amazon for $ 94

Attached Thumbnails 1 1/4" T-bar Speedo Mount?-image.jpg  

Last edited by JROCKER; 11-16-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:51 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I've been sitting on all the stuff to do this for almost a year. I've been reserved because I keep debating on what I'm going to do about the gaping hole in my dash....

I flip flop back and forth. I'm sick of looking down, and I'd want to run dual tach/speedo gauges, but then it's just more **** cluttering up the bars and extra wiring hanging out. I mounted it all up and almost went for it, then pulled out at the last minute.

I went with throttle cable clamps for 1 1/4" tubes and just screwed a gauge mount into that, i think they're $24 each or something.

Pictures of someone else doing it is in this thread

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-question.html

Old 11-16-2013, 07:59 PM
ftwFXD
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Accutronix with stock dyna gauge mount. I plan on raising it up so its just below the top of my rifle shield.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:09 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JROCKER
Accutronix. They have them on eBay or amazon for $ 94
Thanks...just what I needed.

Originally Posted by emerican19
I've been sitting on all the stuff to do this for almost a year. I've been reserved because I keep debating on what I'm going to do about the gaping hole in my dash....

I flip flop back and forth. I'm sick of looking down, and I'd want to run dual tach/speedo gauges, but then it's just more **** cluttering up the bars and extra wiring hanging out. I mounted it all up and almost went for it, then pulled out at the last minute.

I went with throttle cable clamps for 1 1/4" tubes and just screwed a gauge mount into that, i think they're $24 each or something.
That's a good idea, but I think I'm going to go the Accutronix route. Even though I never use my idiot lights, it would be nice to have them in the same field of view. [EDIT - I just noticed no idiot light option on the Accutronix. Cable clamps just became a better idea.]

As for the hole, I plan on just filling it with a piece of plastic cut to fit primed and painted texture black. The Rustoleum Texture Black with a coat of flat black over it is a pretty good match. I painted my speedo bezel with it:

Originally Posted by ftwFXD
Accutronix with stock dyna gauge mount. I plan on raising it up so its just below the top of my rifle shield.
Thanks again.

Last edited by SquidHead; 11-17-2013 at 07:15 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:32 AM
Chasespeed
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't know your fab skills. Just a thought, as I personally like details, particularly unique details.

Mount the gauges on the back side of the bars, facing back, but angled for best view. Haven't seen that before.

Or, if they'll tuck in between the risers, mount then in there, with the preferred gauge up high, etc, and you could make a small plate that fits there, and mount your idiot lights there.

That would be my route if I ran t-bars.

Chase

Old 11-17-2013, 08:12 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ftwFXD
Anyone have a part number for the stock gauge mount? The only thing I can find is the chrome version, 67293-95.

Originally Posted by Chasespeed
Don't know your fab skills. Just a thought, as I personally like details, particularly unique details.

Mount the gauges on the back side of the bars, facing back, but angled for best view. Haven't seen that before.

Or, if they'll tuck in between the risers, mount then in there, with the preferred gauge up high, etc, and you could make a small plate that fits there, and mount your idiot lights there.

That would be my route if I ran t-bars.

Chase
My fab skills are pretty lame. I don't have access to a machine shop...if I did, someone would get hurt. I'm much better at re-purposing things.

I'm planning to do exactly that (back side of the bars), but flip the speedo mount upside down and rotate the speedo in it 180.

Mounting it using Motion Pros swivel 1 1/4" clutch cable clamps, which I can use to adjust the angle. I'm already using dual version for my throttle cables.

I just need to find a gauge housing that will work. HD's chrome one will fit, but it's...chrome, and I don't want to spend $114 on something I'll have to powder coat or paint. I found a Custom Chrome gauge mount on Google in texture black, but it's no longer in production apparently.

Still looking...

Old 11-17-2013, 09:41 AM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Just eBay stuff and piece it together. I've also considered filling the hole with something, but then again, it's the awkward giant black dash with nothing but idiot lights toward the middle/bottom. Aesthetically it's an empty void with one bar of lights, plus you're still looking down to use the idiot lights (most of us don't use them anyway, but when you do...).

I've always been so jealous of this setup. Even if I found the parts, it's the question of what to do with my dash full of holes, and if I ever sell, will the buyer appreciate this customer setup?

Old 11-23-2013, 12:35 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Anyone got a part number for the stock FXR gauge bracket?

All I can find is the HD $114 chrome option, or this from Bikers Choice that appears to be back ordered until next year at every vendor:

Also, I doubt I'll have enough harness to reach from under the tank to the bars. I don't mind wiring up an extension, but would like to make one using the right connector...any ideas where to find one that fits?

Thanks again...this didn't seem like it would be this hard at first.

Quick Reply: 1 1/4" T-bar Speedo Mount?